GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

class 3/4 hitch

Go down 
+24
FarmingEngineer
turborat
beertestr
GSBULLDOG
Big Wagon Guy
redcaddy
StriperSS
autoarcheologist
Viceroy454
COL
Skier
Cadet57
jasonlachapelle
phantom 309
71novaguy
wildcatman65
steel-and-fire
j2rossit
Heliraf
mintex
MalibuSSwagon
buickwagon
bamalongroof
rabalc
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 10:59 pm

I have be pondering the idea of building a hitch for my wagon, I have access to a complete fab shop complete with Solidworks, CNC plasma table, 200 ton press brake, welders, and steel supplier stops every day. I have seen some post with detailed drawings made with angle iron, but I think I can draw those parts, cut and bend them and end up with a more factory looking made hitch(not that there was anything wrong with the other one). The question I have would anybody be interested in getting one because the square tubes come in 21 foot lengths, and I really don't need 7 hitches for my self. I figure there would be about 30 dollars worth materials in each hitch, probably about an hour time to cut and form parts, 30 minutes to assemble. We ship to powder coat once a week, would guess about 20 bucks to have done, so I think about 100 bucks would cover a hitch.

Maybe if I had enough interest, I could make enough to afford a road trip to NY, enjoy Wagonfest, maybe win farthest distance traveled and deliver hitches...Just a thought
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 2:00 pm

I would like one let me know where to send the funds. Jeff Dennis
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 3:52 pm

bamalongroof wrote:
I would like one let me know where to send the funds. Jeff Dennis

Jeff, thanks for the interest, I will need to get a few more people before I would do this, hopefully will see more. If I can get 5 to commit I will go forward on this. Probably would not be enough to make WF, so would have to be shipped
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 4:09 pm

No problem thank you.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 8:24 am

rabalc wrote:
I have seen some post with detailed drawings made with angle iron, but I think I can draw those parts, cut and bend them and end up with a more factory looking made hitch(not that there was anything wrong with the other one).

Cool. Sounds like it will be a professional looking product at a really great price. To protect you from any future legal hassles:

I hereby grant you (and anyone else) a TAPR Open Hardware License. It is a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable license to produce, modify, give, sell etc. etc. products based on my original design. Basically, a GPL for hardware, see the above link for details.

The only real condition is that your product be distributed under the same. ie: you can't sue anyone if they copy your product, and you provide your design modification details to anyone who requests them. One design modification I would suggest would be to notch the cross-bar into the supports and secure with bolts rather than welds, so that the hitch can be more readily shipped or transported to Wagonfest in bulk.

Quote :
 The question I have would anybody be interested in getting one because the square tubes come in 21 foot lengths,
Metal Supermarket (and probably others) will sell by the foot. Probably a bit more expensive than buying a full length through your employer, but an option if you don't get enough others interested.

I would also suggest you post your offer on the Buick Roadmaster forum, as there may be people there who don't follow this forum.
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 9:25 am

buickwagon, thank you for that info, I was thinking of notching the tube through the plate and welding, maybe bolting would make it easier.

Does any one know if the mounting position on the frame are the same on sedan vs. wagon?? If it was just a width difference bolting may be a better option. I don't know any one with a sedan close to me to check.

This is the only forum I belong to, I am not really looking to start a business or cash in the market making these, just need a hitch that is not available, and thought I could help a few others and keep my cost to a minimum
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 10:49 am

If you can't get your minimum here, I'd be happy to post a link to this on the other forum to help you get your required number.
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 11:06 am

buickwagon wrote:
If you can't get your minimum here, I'd be happy to post a link to this on the other forum to help you get your required number.  

That would be great, I really appreciate it
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 11:36 am

I'm in for one.
Back to top Go down
mintex

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:55 pm

new to the forum and what a pleasant suprise!!!
I'd be in for one for my 95 RMW
Back to top Go down
Heliraf

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Thanks rabalc for this great offer. Good chance that I will commit to buying one from you soon. Once you decide to do this, how long do you expect it will take from start to shipping day? I am asking this because I have a towing trip lined up for August 8th, I'm wondering if it would be possible to get this from you by then?

I have no experience in fitting a tow-hitch, to a RMW or to anything. Will it just be bolts and washers that will be required to fit your hitch, or will there be some backing plates needed?
Back to top Go down
j2rossit

j2rossit

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:59 pm

This would be great.
I'm in for one if this is something your considering to do soon. My truck is on it's last legs and I'm turning my 92 RMW into my tow vehicle. I too am hitting the roadblock of not being able to get a class III hitch.

Jon
Back to top Go down
steel-and-fire

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:24 pm

I know there are a lot of interchangeability (especially with the same frames), but would these hitches work for an 89 boxy?

Considering how much I read about class III/IVs being ultra-rare for the wagons, it wouldn't be a bad investment.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/weltallid123
buickwagon

buickwagon

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 3:56 pm

The hitch from my old boxy fit my 92 RMW, and I see no reason why the design would not work on a boxy. That said, the dimensions were tailored to an RMW and never tried on a boxy. I would suggest you download the original dimensioned sketch and get underneath the car with a tape measure.
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Looks like I will go ahead and run on these, I can not say as to what they will fit, except I will make sure the fit on my 96 rmw. I will try to get started on them this weekend, will order steel tomorrow. I will cut a proto type and post pics soon, then you all can see what you would be getting, also I can get a better idea as to If 100 will cover it, I could also get them out in raw steel if you would like to paint your self
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 7:41 pm

Heliraf wrote:
Thanks rabalc for this great offer.  Good chance that I will commit to buying one from you soon.  Once you decide to do this, how long do you expect it will take from start to shipping day?  I am asking this because I have a towing trip lined up for August 8th, I'm wondering if it would be possible to get this from you by then?

I have no experience in fitting a tow-hitch, to a RMW or to anything.  Will it just be bolts and washers that will be required to fit your hitch, or will there be some backing plates needed?

It will be bolt on, I would think I can have them done by your august dedline... Thanks for the interest
Back to top Go down
j2rossit

j2rossit

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Would it require drilling? or is going to line up with any preexisting hitch mounts?
I would think powder coating would be the best option in my mind (but then again, rust is a big problem up here in the GWN).
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:43 pm

j2rossit wrote:
Would it require drilling? or is going to line up with any preexisting hitch mounts?
I would think powder coating would be the best option in my mind (but then again, rust is a big problem up here in the GWN).

It will bolt on to frame using existing holes, if you search hitches on the forum the are lots of pictures, will closely resemble the draw-tite. Rust is huge here too, just worried about getting damaged in shipping.
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:50 pm

Wondering how many would be at WF, I may have talked the wife into the trip cheers Would need to get planning asap, need to ghange cap rotor plugs and wires...could be a very busy couple oif weeks
Back to top Go down
Heliraf

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:29 am

Rabalc, sounds great. If you're going to the trouble of making it and shipping it, and if it can get here by early August, then I commit to ordering one. If things get tight on the timescale, then I will even accept it in rough form without the paint, I can use it and then paint it when I get back from my trip, although a finished one would of course be first choice.

Please let me know if you would like funds in advance etc, and please let me know if something changes and you decide not to go ahead with the project, so I can make alternative arrangements.

I will keep an eye on this thread. Thanks again.

Heliraf
Back to top Go down
j2rossit

j2rossit

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:01 pm

I wont be making WF. So I'll have to pay for the shipping to Canada.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:20 pm

I'm not making WF this year so mine would need shipping also I would suggest bubble wrap with a label by UPS or FedEX Ground don't think it would need a box. Jeff
Back to top Go down

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Shipping is easy. Wrap it in shrink wrap and stick a label on it. That's it.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 pm

Whatever you do, don't ship to Canada by UPS. FedEx is almost as bad. USPS is the best option, but I don't know if they will take something that big and heavy.

J2rossit,-

I have a buddy with a delivery box in the US. It costs $6 per parcel, then you bring it across yourself. No brokerage fees, and if it's marked as a gift @ less than $200 value, no duty or GST either. Ask around, you may have a friend or neighbor with a similar arrangement or you could probably set something up yourself with such a service over the phone. Waterloo is not that far from Niagara Falls.
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:43 pm

j2rossit wrote:
I wont be making WF. So I'll have to pay for the shipping to Canada.

I did a quick quote on fedex, looks to be around 120 us to send it to you, are you Ok with that? I have never sent anything to Canada, anything special that will need to do with customs, taxes??
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:55 pm

Does every one think it would be fair to send 50 up front, the balance plus shipping when they are completed and ready to ship? I still don't have a price from powder coat, they need to see one first, another option would be zinc plated, they almost pay you to do it, its like 5 cents per pound. Lasts about as long as a poorly prepped paint job, but does coat the inside. I am shooting for getting 6 done this weekend
Back to top Go down
wildcatman65

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:46 pm

Hello, count me in for a hitch. Hot dip galvanize or powdercoat is the way to go. I'm in Elgin IL and will be in St. Paul in 3 weeks, maybe I could pick one up? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Heliraf

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:57 pm

I would be happy to send $50 up front, in whatever payment method you prefer.

I would prefer not to have my one zinc plated.  Rather than zinc plated, I would prefer to have it raw and then I'd powder coat it locally here.

I'm just thinking here, maybe it might not be a bad idea to send them all out unpainted.  That would save you some time and hassle, and we could finish them up ourselves.  Kinda like buying unfinished furniture, where you yourself spend the time sanding and varnishing to whatever standard you want.  Powder coating places are common, and if the product gets banged around during shipping, no big deal, it hasn't been painted yet. The main thing for me personally is to get a strong and well welded product that fits.  I would be happy to spend some time rounding off edges and so forth before getting it powder coated.  Just a thought.

Thanks

Heliraf
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 4:29 pm

rabalc wrote:
I did a quick quote on fedex, looks to be around 120 us to send it to you, are you Ok with that? I have never sent anything to Canada, anything special that will need to do with customs, taxes??

No big deal. There's a customs declaration form to be filled out, takes all of 5 minutes, tops. IIRC, you fill out your name and address, recipients name and address, you certify you are not exporting a controlled technology to a terrorist country, a brief description of the item and a value. Oh, and country of origin. Then tick off the nature of the item (eg: commercial sample, retail item, warranty return, "Other").

This doesn't affect you at your end, but if you tick "gift" and the declared value is under $200, then it is not dutiable and the recipient is not subjected to additional brokerage fees on receipt, otherwise the recipient pays any applicable taxes and/or duty on receipt. UPS brokerage fees are extortion and often exceed the value of the item. FedEx is slightly better, but still can be stiff. Post office is the best, but may not handle something that big and heavy.
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 7:25 pm

wildcatman65 wrote:
Hello, count me in for a hitch.  Hot dip galvanize or powdercoat is the way to go.  I'm in Elgin IL and will be in St. Paul in 3 weeks, maybe I could pick one up?  Thanks!

I thought about hot dip galvanize, we most all our equipment that way, the only problem with that is the receiver may get excess galvanize in it an make it nearly impossible to get the hitch in.

I am only about an hour south of St. Paul, that would work for me.
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Heliraf wrote:
I would be happy to send $50 up front, in whatever payment method you prefer.

I would prefer not to have my one zinc plated.  Rather than zinc plated, I would prefer to have it raw and then I'd powder coat it locally here.

I'm just thinking here, maybe it might not be a bad idea to send them all out unpainted.  That would save you some time and hassle, and we could finish them up ourselves.  Kinda like buying unfinished furniture, where you yourself spend the time sanding and varnishing to whatever standard you want.  Powder coating places are common, and if the product gets banged around during shipping, no big deal, it hasn't been painted yet.  The main thing for me personally is to get a strong and well welded product that fits.  I would be happy to spend some time rounding off edges and so forth before getting it powder coated.  Just a thought.

Thanks

Heliraf

I am beginning to think you may be right, I am worried they will get beat up, and you end up redoing them anyway..
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 7:49 pm

I have enough materials to make 6 extra hitches right now, I can always get more,

Work is too busy to make WF, so they will need shipped or picked up.
I will do them for 100, in raw form, 50 up front, 50 plus shipping before I send them.

You can paypal me at rabalcome@gmail.com, make sure you let me know who you are and an adress when you pay me.

Thanks a lot guys
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:06 pm

This is a great deal for all those looking for a hitch as capable as the car.

One item I have not yet seen addressed: will you be supplying mounting bolts and nuts with this hitch? If not, people who need the hitch installed by August should start thinking about that now.
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:25 pm

buickwagon wrote:
This is a great deal for all those looking for a hitch as capable as the car.

One item I have not yet seen addressed: will you be supplying mounting bolts and nuts with this hitch? If not, people who need the hitch installed by August should start thinking about that now.

that is a good point, you will need to supply your own grade 8 hardware
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:01 pm

I just sent you the deposit. I would prefer power coat but if you like the galvanizing I will go with your choice. Thanks, Jeff Dennis
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:38 pm

rabalc wrote:

And a way to hold the nut in place whilst tightening the bolt.
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 12:04 am

buickwagon wrote:
rabalc wrote:

And a way to hold the nut in place whilst tightening the bolt.

when I try the test fit I will see if I can figure something out, Ive seen a few different things like a washer with a flat side and a fish wire attached, a plate with nuts, a wire on the bolt fed through the frame...haven't tried yet as I have yet to crawl under and look
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 12:07 am

bamalongroof wrote:
I just sent you the deposit. I would prefer power coat but if you like the galvanizing I will go with your choice. Thanks, Jeff Dennis

Thanks Jeff, will let you know
Back to top Go down
Heliraf

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 5:23 am

Deposit sent. Would prefer my hitch to be in raw form.

Let me know sometime what the names or sizes of the hardware should be, and I'll start shopping.

Thanks again for doing all this.

Heliraf.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 8:57 am

I will have to wait until tonight to send a deposit.
Back to top Go down
mintex

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 11:44 am

I may end up wanting two hitches. Possibility if you fabricating more or is this a one time thing? I will get one now and allow someone else a chance before I take two. Where in Minnesota you located? I just moved from Albert Lea area.(Hollandale). Deposit will be your way shortly
Thanks Jade
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 1:02 pm

mintex wrote:
I may end up wanting two hitches.  Possibility if you fabricating more or is this a one time thing?  I will get one now and allow someone else a chance before I take two.  Where in Minnesota you located?  I just moved from Albert Lea area.(Hollandale). Deposit will be your way shortly
Thanks Jade

Just up the road, Mantorville, right between Rochester and Owatonna
Back to top Go down
j2rossit

j2rossit

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 3:42 pm

I'll send a deposit through.
I'd prefer getting mine poweder coated first if you send any of the others out.

buickwagon wrote:
Whatever you do, don't ship to Canada by UPS. FedEx is almost as bad. USPS is the best option, but I don't know if they will take something that big and heavy.

J2rossit,-

I have a buddy with a delivery box in the US. It costs $6 per parcel, then you bring it across yourself. No brokerage fees, and if it's marked as a gift @ less than $200 value, no duty or GST either. Ask around, you may have a friend or neighbor with a similar arrangement or you could probably set something up yourself with such a service over the phone. Waterloo is not that far from Niagara Falls.

I've had bad experiences with UPS throwing in all kinds of extra fees crossing the boarder as well.
I've actually moved away from Waterloo to the Oshawa area, but I wouldn't have time to do a boarder pick up anyway.
Back to top Go down
mintex

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 4:31 pm

Just wanted to check ETA on completion of powder coated hitch?? Hoping to have mounted for my trip the 1st week of August. Let me know your time frame if possible.
Thanks
Jade
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 4:59 pm

mintex wrote:
Just wanted to check ETA on completion of powder coated hitch??  Hoping to have mounted for my trip the 1st week of August.  Let me know your time frame if possible.
Thanks
Jade
I am at the shop woring on them right now, hope to have them built this weekend
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Just figured out one small problem, you are going to drill two holes to mount the hitch, I am sorry if this will be an issue for anyone, If you dont want the hitch because of this I understand and will return your deposit.

see attached
http://picturehosting.verhey.org/RMW_hitch/hitch_dimensions.jpg
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 12:10 am

Here is a picture of proto
class 3/4 hitch  <a href=class 3/4 hitch NCM_0187_zpsyz5q4mmd at" /

class 3/4 hitch NCM_0179_zpsusclqznh
Back to top Go down
Heliraf

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 2:39 am

Looks nice and strong. I like it. Good job Rabalc! Hope it's not going to be a problem to ship.

You mean we will need to drill two holes in our wagons, not in the hitch, correct? I don't have a problem with either.

Heliraf

Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 8:55 am

you will have to drill 2 3/4" holes in frame of wagon, I spent lots of time trying to figure out how to get it to work with existing holes but could not get it to work, would either hit the pas. side resonator, or floor of 3rd row foot well.
the hole on the bottom right, witch is the front hole is the one needing drilled.  I made the hole for the bumper shock bolt big enough so you don't need to remove it

class 3/4 hitch NCM_0185_zps9hz05a1z

I set the hitch on the scale it weighs 45 lbs, you can get an idea for shipping from 55955 if you would like

class 3/4 hitch NCM_0184_zpstnckzgma
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 9:43 am

Looks awesome! I was waiting for some pictures of the product before I commit, I will send deposit tonight for sure.

Would you be able to get a shot of the hitch mounted on the car?

I looked up shipping, cheapest option thru USPS is $57 to NH. Not bad. UPS Ground is about the same price, but faster and includes $100 insurance and tracking where as USPS Standard post does not include these things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

class 3/4 hitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: class 3/4 hitch   class 3/4 hitch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

class 3/4 hitch
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next