GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No more sounds of silence...

Go down 
+2
Dropkick_Eddie
Andebe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andebe

Andebe

No more sounds of silence... Empty
PostSubject: No more sounds of silence...   No more sounds of silence... Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 12:22 pm

After taking the advice of a friend,Ive decided to go with a muffler delete on my 94 Roady using this piece I picked up at Amazon.Exhaust Stamped X Pipe 2.25" Diameter Dual Inlet to 2.25" Diameter Dual Outlets Stainless Steel WSXP225-225SS Wesdon Exhaust Stamped X Pipe No more sounds of silence... 21CbMdOHAFL
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: No more sounds of silence...   No more sounds of silence... Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 12:23 pm

Looking forward to the rumble... Cool
Back to top Go down
Dropkick_Eddie

Dropkick_Eddie

PostSubject: Re: No more sounds of silence...   No more sounds of silence... Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 3:02 pm

Nice, lemme know how that x pipe works out. I put in some "purple hornies"-glasspacks cherry  But kinda wanna go get back to louder, maybe even cut out the resonators!? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MG Davis

MG Davis

PostSubject: Re: No more sounds of silence...   No more sounds of silence... Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 4:08 pm

My old Lincoln Mark VIII had a Flowmaster x-tube and straight pipes. Sounded mellow and burbly at low RPM and shrieked like a banshee at the high end. Loved it.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: No more sounds of silence...   No more sounds of silence... Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 8:47 pm

Somebody around used to run side pipes. The sound was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: No more sounds of silence...   No more sounds of silence... Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 8:01 am

I would suggest a H pipe, simply because it keeps the deeper tone. The X pipe makes a higher pitched sound. Mine has X pipe and its fine, but the H is deeper.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: No more sounds of silence...   No more sounds of silence... Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 8:05 am

lakeffect wrote:
Somebody around used to run side pipes. The sound was awesome.

Only from 'inside' the car,.. outside was ,... well,. um,.... different
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: No more sounds of silence...   No more sounds of silence... Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 8:36 am

The most common word used while inside the car was "WHAT?"
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: No more sounds of silence...   No more sounds of silence... Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 9:52 am

Deadmanonduty wrote:
I would suggest a H pipe, simply because it keeps the deeper tone.  The X pipe makes a higher pitched sound.  Mine has X pipe and its fine, but the H is deeper.  
You are dead on with this comment,Deadmanonduty...First thing I noticed was the higher pitch.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: No more sounds of silence...   No more sounds of silence... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 1:54 pm

The rumble is starting to grow on me...Gets more compliments,and better mileage. Thanks Nick for the suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No more sounds of silence...   No more sounds of silence... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No more sounds of silence...
Page 1 of 1