GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

South Western Ontario Wagonfest

Go down 
+5
silverfox103
Andebe
brokecello
jayoldschool
buickestate
9 posters
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

South Western Ontario Wagonfest Empty
PostSubject: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 9:46 pm

Testing the waters here, the venue would be on the golf course at the Steve Plunkett estate, also known as Fleetwood farms. there are two Cadillac museums on this estate, one is a recreation of a 1920's Cadillac show room where Steve show cases his collection of V16 Cadillacs. The other is where he displays his 50's thru 70's Cadillacs. Steve also owns three wagons a 58 buick Caballero estate, a 69 Pontiac safari was his mom's car and in his family since new, and a 69 fleetwood estate.

It's two hours west of Toronto, and two hours east of Detroit, there are many hotels in the area.

No date has been picked, this can be this fall, though it might be a bit late to pick a fall date that works for best attendance, or next spring or summer.

I was thinking of it being a stand along wagon show but it could also be a show in a show if it were held early next june as part of the Fleetwood farm's country cruize in.

think about it, talk about it, lets make it happen.

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 10:05 pm

Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 11:04 pm

Plunkett's place is awesome. If you do this, I'm bringing my Fleetwood coupe!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 8:56 am

Depending on the date...I would be interested. Would need to be a 2017 effort for me though.  About the same distance as going to Waterloo from here.  Lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 10:10 am

Im interested,gotta look into a visa... scratch study
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 10:18 am

Passport's ready!

It's a little bit of a push to get there, 600+ miles, so we do it in 2 days if necessary. The middle to the later part of June and beyond would probably be the best for me. Fall is a maybe and spring probably not as we are down south or on the way home.

Good Call Pat!

Tom

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 10:24 am

It is confirmed that Barry McGuire will be at the country cruize in, again in 2017, as will Gene Winfield if his health allows.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Need to get passports here too. Very do-able for us upstate New Yorkers and The Michigan crew.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 6:55 pm

lakeffect wrote:
Need to get passports here too. Very do-able for us upstate New Yorkers and The Michigan crew.

Good point Dave. Not like the old days (less than 10 years ago) when you just showed an ID and answered a couple of questions, and on you go. Actually border states, have or will have enchanced licenses that allow you to go back and forth without the passport. I think NH just signed on to it and will be phased in. If you need a passport, it's easy. Go the the Post Office, fill out a paper, get your picture taken and pay a fee. I think it's about $100. They say it takes 6 weeks, but I had mine back in 2 weeks.

Tom
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 9:54 pm

Depending on other commitments, I'd be interested Pat.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 12:07 am

I'm getting the feeling from what I've been told both here and Facebook that hosting this event in june with the fleetwood country cruize in, I spoke with Steve last night and he wants to help make this happen, and is willing to section off an area for us, and wants to put his wagons in with ours.

Catherine Bach just confirmed that she is going to attend the show, for you young ones she's on the young and restless, and for us older guys we know her from the Dukes of Hazzard. so bring your dukes of hazzard die cast and get them signed....
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 7:01 am

Date is  apparently set for June 3&4 2017 per this ad. below  Listed as the Biggest car show in Canada, over 3000 cars in 2016. This date would be IF we held a wagonfest as a show within a show, coinciding with the big show rather than a stand alone. I think it's a great Idea.

http://www.fleetwoodcountrycruizein.com/

I get a set of four Dukes of Hazzard wheels  (American Racing Vector) for standard spaced GM cars (Camaros) Maybe she can rub against them for good Luck. ( I'm considering which part of her body I like rubbed against the wheels.)

Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 10:09 am

^^^Better than rubbin'up against those sheep!^^^
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 11:13 am

buickestate wrote:
I'm getting the feeling from what I've been told both here and Facebook that  hosting this event in june with the fleetwood country cruize in, I spoke with Steve last night and he wants to help make this happen, and is willing to section off an area for us, and wants to put his wagons in with ours.

Any idea what date in June? Edit -- nevermind. I was away from the keyboard for too long and see my question has been answered!

Looking at the website, I think most of the pictured cars are way more restored than most of ours.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 8:22 am

buickwagon wrote:

Looking at the website, I think most of the pictured cars are way more restored than most of ours.

don't let that fool you, many cars look better in pictures than in person.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 9:26 am

Guys please don't think that you can only attend this if your wagon is of show quality, bring your daily drivers. in fact all GM wagons will be welcomed at this event. If it was made by GM and it's a wagon bring it out next june.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 9:45 am

lakeffect wrote:
Date is  apparently set for June 3&4 2017 per this ad.  below  Listed as the Biggest car show in Canada, over 3000 cars in 2016. This date would be  IF we held a wagonfest  as  a show within a show, coinciding  with the big show rather  than a stand alone. I think it's a great Idea.

So is this time-frame confirmed?  I already booked one wedding for June 3rd...but I can get a sub and not book anything else that weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 9:57 am

According to this link, it looks pretty firm for dates. There is also a phone number listed on the flyer link.

http://www.fleetwoodcountrycruizein.com/.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 10:04 pm

not going to be able to make it Sad  That's going to be right in the middle of exams.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 10:46 pm

jasonlachapelle wrote:
not going to be able to make it Sad  That's going to be right in the middle of exams.

Ah Tabernacle! you will be missed...

and here is a clip from one of the better Canadian films to explain Tarbernacle

Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 8:18 am

I'm in sounds cool. Just need one of those fancy drivers licenses.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 9:11 pm

that was a good Canadian movie. I think they're making a 2nd one.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 4:05 pm

South Western Ontario Wagonfest Fleetwood_zpslctbbtzs
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 10:23 am

Looks pretty cool Pat, and we do have our passports now.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 8:21 pm

heads up it is this saturday weather should be great
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 8:22 am

South Western Ontario Wagonfest IMG_20170601_193333_zpsa3xqvv6r
South Western Ontario Wagonfest IMG_20170601_193318_zpswwwyonkc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Western Ontario Wagonfest   South Western Ontario Wagonfest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South Western Ontario Wagonfest
Page 1 of 1