GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where can I get a replacement set of boxie keys

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kameron m

Where can I get a replacement set of boxie keys Empty
PostSubject: Where can I get a replacement set of boxie keys   Where can I get a replacement set of boxie keys Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 4:37 pm

My mechanic lost my original key set.

Is there any way to get a new set of boxie wagon keys with the GM logo on them or is that simply impossible?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a replacement set of boxie keys   Where can I get a replacement set of boxie keys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 12:12 am

When you say boxie, are you referring to the box generation of wagons ('77-'90)? If so, no it's not impossible.  Check eBay, they're all over.  You'll just need to know your year's key codes (e.g., A/B, C/D, J/K, etc).  Hope this helps.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-J-K-Key-Blanks-Original-GM-Logo-Key-/320714231838?hash=item4aac0ed01e:m:m9YmvQy5EmOPt9hkK4OOBUQ&vxp=mtr
Back to top Go down
kameron m

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a replacement set of boxie keys   Where can I get a replacement set of boxie keys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 12:55 pm

well, that was friggin easy.
Good on GM for doing literally the same thing for 35+ years such that ebay just stocks the key blanks. Now all I need to do is find a locksmith with one of those old-school key copiers instead of the newfangled automatic JUNK!
Back to top Go down
paart

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a replacement set of boxie keys   Where can I get a replacement set of boxie keys Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 1:04 pm

Just about any good locksmith can make accurate copies of your keys. It may cost a dollar or two extra but it's worth it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a replacement set of boxie keys   Where can I get a replacement set of boxie keys Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 10:40 pm

My local Home Depot did mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a replacement set of boxie keys   Where can I get a replacement set of boxie keys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where can I get a replacement set of boxie keys
Page 1 of 1