GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Doug's Headers Cutouts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Jack

Doug's Headers Cutouts Empty
PostSubject: Doug's Headers Cutouts   Doug's Headers Cutouts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 2:53 pm

Before I wired them up:
Doug's Headers Cutouts HC6ZtKQ
Doug's Headers Cutouts Iq10TS3

Factory cats are still intact, so not as loud as I expected, but still loud AF when open.
OEM quite when closed.

If anyone plans on using these, make sure that you change the polarity of the wire feeding one of the motors.
Comes with a momentary rocker switch, so "Up" arrow should open both sides at the same time, "down" should close both at same time. Before I changed polarity, one side would open while the other side closed.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Headers Cutouts   Doug's Headers Cutouts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 4:06 pm

This needs a video! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gerome

Gerome

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Headers Cutouts   Doug's Headers Cutouts Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 1:46 pm

Andebe wrote:
This needs a video! Twisted Evil
I agree !
Back to top Go down
Big Jack

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Headers Cutouts   Doug's Headers Cutouts Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 8:13 am

Ask and yee shall receive

Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Headers Cutouts   Doug's Headers Cutouts Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 10:28 am

Bad links?
Back to top Go down
Gerome

Gerome

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Headers Cutouts   Doug's Headers Cutouts Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 1:22 pm

I like !
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Headers Cutouts   Doug's Headers Cutouts Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Not too bad. Needs a cam next. lol
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Headers Cutouts   Doug's Headers Cutouts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 10:41 am

Clever plate disguise. Sounds good,but like Ray says,a cam would give it that great,potato,potato,potato,sound. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Big Jack

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Headers Cutouts   Doug's Headers Cutouts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 10:47 am

Andebe wrote:
Clever plate disguise. Sounds good,but like Ray says,a cam would give it that great,potato,potato,potato,sound. Twisted Evil

At some point in the (hopefully very near) future, I will put on some headers with gutted cats (straight pipe inside). Then it will sound just perfect.
What I like best about these cutouts is that car is factory quiet when they're closed & they're fully stainless. I don't trust aluminum
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Headers Cutouts   Doug's Headers Cutouts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 10:51 am

I have a nice mild New In Box GM 845 cam for sale.  I'll give you a good deal on it.  You can use stock heads.

local guy has a set of 304SS tri-ys (used to be mine) for sale with cats AND off-road pipe, all bolts, Earl's gaskets for sale. If you're interested, PM me and I'll put you in touch. when you do headers is the time to do: plugs, wires and valvesprings.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Headers Cutouts   Doug's Headers Cutouts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 10:53 am

^^^WINNER^^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Headers Cutouts   Doug's Headers Cutouts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doug's Headers Cutouts
Page 1 of 1