GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored

Go down 
+3
Gerome
brokecello
81X11
7 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored Empty
PostSubject: Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored   Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 3:19 pm

2/7/18 - Dealer's Choice Upholstery recovered the center armrest lid on the Roadmaster Wagon. It wasn't terrible, but the old leather was getting dry and you could see some wear. I'd given up on finding a good used one in the yards here...Texas just burns them up!

Just picked up, leather is beautiful!

Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored 27752211
Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored 27858710
Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored 27656910

Can't wait to install it this evening after work! cheers

-Texas Mike

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored   Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 4:14 pm

How does it look with the rest of the interior? Did they fix your seat too? Looks very nice!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored   Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 4:18 pm

brokecello wrote:

How does it look with the rest of the interior?  Did they fix your seat too?   Looks very nice!!  

Yep, having some work done on the driver's seat itself too.

This is the BEFORE on the seat.  I dropped it off at the upholstery shop almost two weeks ago to repair a small hole I'd rubbed into the front corner/edge of the driver's seat. Could not really even be seen inside the car, but it had been bothering me.
Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored 27797310

He's going to replace the two outside pleats on the seatback and seatbottom too.    No holes in those but they are pretty wrinkled after 135K miles and 22-years of sliding in and out. You can see the white chalkmarks on the pleats in the pic above where the cuts to the leather will be made.  I'm really trying to keep the interior of my Roady (and the car itself) as nice as possible.  

I'll post pics of the repaired seat once it's back in the car, with the new console lid installed too.   bounce

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Gerome

Gerome

PostSubject: Re: Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored   Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 7:59 pm

My gosh Mike as if your wagon wasn't already pretty enough lol . If your seats look as good as your armrest , you should be able to make it another 20 years no problem .
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored   Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 10:07 am

The weather has FINALLY gotten prettier so I installed the console lid and also here are pics of the repaired seat too. Came out well!

Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored 28872310
Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored 28871712
Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored 28870910

Trying to keep old leather nice in Texas is somewhat hard. Hot and dry!

-Texas Mike

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored   Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 10:14 am

Nice work.
Back to top Go down
Gerome

Gerome

PostSubject: Re: Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored   Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Real nice work ! Looking at these pics in my wagon and I think she got jealous and almost cut off on me lol .
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored   Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 3:31 pm

Trying to keep it in good shape! 11 years and counting since I found this car in San Antonio. Still love it!

Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored Challe10
Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored 28660812

Save Them!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored   Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:03 pm

Doing a great job
Back to top Go down
Gerome

Gerome

PostSubject: Re: Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored   Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:11 pm

1993 Roady-man wrote:
Doing a great job
I completely agree,  you are doing a great job !
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored   Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 6:43 pm

That color match on your seats looks dead on! Impressive!
Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored   Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 8:06 am

@81x11 -- very nice, how well has the armrest repair held up? Would you share the cost? I may have to go that route for my burgundy 1996 RMW armrest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored   Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Center Console Lid/Armrest Restored
Page 1 of 1