GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon Empty
PostSubject: Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon   Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 1:05 pm

So I'm considering finally updating my exhaust beyond just the Flowmasters I'd added YEARS ago. I still have the stock duals, and have kept the bare-metal trips cleaned with SOS pads and wax for years...so they still look new, but really would like chrome tips, and I'm finally thinking of removing the resonators and going with some different mufflers....have heard Dynamax really sound good on these. ANYWAY because of the spare tire well, the exhaust, as most wagon folks know, is offset. I'd like something that looks classy with chrome tips. Would love to see/hear what others have done as far as outlets/tips on these cars.
Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon Cars-310

-Texas Mike
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon   Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 1:50 pm

Clear Image makes wagon over the axle pipes specifically for this application. My set is very nice. He'll set you up with side exit or rear exit.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon   Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:53 pm

RedandBlack wrote:
Clear Image makes wagon over the axle pipes specifically for this application. My set is very nice. He'll set you up with side exit or rear exit.

Interesting. Will Google it, thanks!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon   Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 6:27 pm

I throw the tails in the scrap pile and put on turndowns.

Since my wagon is lower than stock I would go with side exit if I decide to install any.

Those at the factory/off road height have more options. Though my former wagon had tails under the bumper and CC623 and they still drug on steep angles.
Back to top Go down
bigredwagon

bigredwagon

PostSubject: Re: Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon   Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 11:09 pm

Damn, it sure is clean under there.
Not going to be much help with tips as I had to trim some off of the stock setup to not scrape in and out of the driveway. There's no way I could have anything even remotely hanging off the back.
How do you like the flowmasters? I've heard they can have a droning issue on our cars.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon   Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 10:22 am

bigredwagon wrote:
Damn, it sure is clean under there.  
Not going to be much help with tips as I had to trim some off of the stock setup to not scrape in and out of the driveway.   There's no way I could have anything even remotely hanging off the back.
How do you like the flowmasters?  I've heard they can have a droning issue on our cars.

I've had the Flowmasters on for years now. No drone with the stock resonators, but thinking of moving to some Dynamax mufflers, removing the resonators, and exiting the pipes out under the 1/4 panels behind the rear wheels, with chrome angle-cut tips.

Ready for a change after all these years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon   Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best way to exit exhaust/chrome tips on a whale wagon
Page 1 of 1