GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II

Go down 
+3
BigBlackBeaSSt
Andebe
Steve Smith
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II Empty
PostSubject: Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II   Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 10:00 pm

Let me try this again.
Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II 10-6-112
Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II 10-6-111
Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II 10-6-113
Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II 10-6-114
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II   Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 9:36 am

Nice subtle touches. Digging the Caprice badge.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II   Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 10:39 am

Thanks. In my opinion, far to many times "customized" vehicles are WAY over the top. My goal was a nice clean driver that was custom enough to stand out a bit but not be in your face tacky/gaudy.
Interior was left all stock. I removed the carpet and replaced it with a much nicer one from a junk Roadmaster (after it was totally shampooed). New floor mats completed it plus a complete cleaning of the whole interior.
Didn't care for the original 'Caprice Classic' badging so put a new reproduction metal one on the car that is a duplicate design of the one used back in 1967. Ebay to the rescue at a significant cost of $65.
The grille is stock but since the chrome was in pretty poor shape, I sanded it, sprayed a coat of adhesion promoter on it, they primed, sanded , sprayed the same white, carefully removed the white paint from the ribs and letters CHEVROLET, then two coats of clear.
Most of the Caprice wagons that have been re-done to one degree or another have gone with Impala SS grilles which look very nice but I wanted something a bit different. Even the Chevy bow ties (hood ornament and one in tow hitch) I painted with the same silver as on the sides of the car.
Door handle bases were also painted instead of the stock Caprice (boring) black they were originally.
Tail light bezels were painted silver as was the license plate light housing and clear aftermarket front corner lens were used.
I even made the side door mirrors custom by filling all the seams so now they are a one piece mirror housing.
I legally transferred the vanity plate from my Roadmaster wagon too. Rear wheel opening moldings (which the woodies didn't have) came from a non woody Caprice.
Like you said, "subtle".
Steve
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II   Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 11:28 am

Looks nice my friend!!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II   Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 11:26 am

Clean!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II   Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 8:56 pm

Looks good, nice job.
Back to top Go down
Dick Santana

Dick Santana

PostSubject: Re: Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II   Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 2:38 am

Very Nice
Back to top Go down
JeffY

JeffY

PostSubject: Re: Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II   Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 6:33 pm

LOVE IT!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II   Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently finished '94 Caprice wagon part II
Page 1 of 1