GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

96 RMW stereo install project writeup

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jon7190

jon7190

96 RMW stereo install project writeup Empty
PostSubject: 96 RMW stereo install project writeup   96 RMW stereo install project writeup Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2018 7:49 pm

Last summer and fall I finally did my long overdue stereo install. Now I finished my long overdue install writeup. It should be accessible by all on Facebook. Let me know if there are any problems accessing it.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10217836433322469&type=1&l=ae8e05421c
Back to top Go down
shrimpNE

PostSubject: Re: 96 RMW stereo install project writeup   96 RMW stereo install project writeup Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 10:32 pm

Can you repost your facebook write up ? the link is not working and I am interested in swapping my radio as you have done. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Clifton Springs Hauler

PostSubject: Re: 96 RMW stereo install project writeup   96 RMW stereo install project writeup Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 10:03 am

Anyone who has done the aftermarket head swap knows the fluorescent display of the climate control center no longer dims at night, and is VERY bright. An easy fix until someone figures out the wiring correction (I'm working on it) is to cover the display with a piece of window darkening film. I purchased a 24" x 36" piece of 20% smoke film (lets 20% of light through) from AZ for $10. It almost perfectly matches the brightness of the speedo lights and is easily still seen during the day.

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ed1le

PostSubject: Re: 96 RMW stereo install project writeup   96 RMW stereo install project writeup Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 6:56 pm

I was working on figuring out how I will redo the sound system in my RMW today and was unsure about the components up front, particularly the tweeter. I also like your amp mounting in the spare tire well. I too have a space saver spare so glad an amp can still squeeze in there. This write up definitely helps!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 96 RMW stereo install project writeup   96 RMW stereo install project writeup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

96 RMW stereo install project writeup
Page 1 of 1