GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM?

Go down 
+2
lakeffect
matthimself456
6 posters
AuthorMessage
matthimself456

Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM?   Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Just about to order a tune from Trifecta Performance but figured if anyone has tunercat OBD2 or lt1edit OBD2 or some other way to flash an OBD2 PCM I would wait. Don't need anything too crazy. Just need to switch from Auto to Manual transmission, change the VSS calibration, and tell it to ignore catalyst function. Then I can finally pass an inspection! I'm willing to pay for some help. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM?   Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:29 am

Might want to post us here as well if you haven'r done so already...

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin

Larger forum... more members with programming experience as well. It has a whole section for it. If you aren't a member, it's no cost to join.

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM?   Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:59 pm

Matt,

I think Scoob8000 (Mike) can help you.

Tim
Back to top Go down
scoob8000

PostSubject: Re: Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM?   Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:02 pm

I can't do OBD2, but converting to an OBD1 PCM isn't that hard..

It's a matter of swapping PCM's, and soldering a resistor in line with the knock sensor (I think) leads..
Back to top Go down
matthimself456

PostSubject: Re: Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM?   Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:11 pm

Unfortunately there is a 0% chance of passing NY plug-in emission with an OBD1 connversion.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM?   Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Speaking of OBD1, I want to swap, just don't have the capabilities. Anyone bringing a laptop and cable?
Back to top Go down
Stemmler

Stemmler

PostSubject: Re: Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM?   Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
Speaking of OBD1, I want to swap, just don't have the capabilities. Anyone bringing a laptop and cable?

I'll have my laptop and OBD1 cable.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM?   Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:30 pm

Cool, I'll nave the OBD1 PCM READY TO INSTALL, i EVEN HAVE THE FILES NEEDED.....
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM?   Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:24 am

I also have my laptop loaded with speed density stuff for OBD 1

What ECM are you going to use?

If it's the Corvette/Ccamaro/Firebird 7730 ECM ( the most common) with An $8D mask, I might be able to help. Thtt's the combo in Shammoo. I don't actually Burn new chips though . With the PROMminator setup, I simply download to any of the eight bin locations in the board. Simple.

Back to top Go down
matthimself456

PostSubject: Re: Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM?   Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:41 am

Shamoo's PROM style ECM and the 94-up PCM are totally different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM?   Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone coming with the ability to flash an OBD2 PCM?
Page 1 of 1