GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trifecta Achieved

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
94Woody

94Woody

Trifecta Achieved Empty
PostSubject: Trifecta Achieved   Trifecta Achieved Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 9:40 pm

Sold my first wagon back in 2014 because I wanted to get away from old cars and into new ones. Was wishing I hadn't sold it as soon as the transport guy hauled it away. The next year I moved my family 800 miles south and attended my first FL wagonfest event and realized that I really missed having a wagon. I vowed to not go back unless I had my own. So I began my search.

Took awhile because unlike my forum name I did not want a 94 or anything with wood on it. Eventually I found a 1995 Caprice Wagon with a lot of miles but no rust, a new transmission and lots of potential. Also helped that it was only 30 miles from home. Contacted the seller and made arrangements to come look at the car. It was owned by a 16 year old and was in fact a solid car so I made an offer. He accepted and I brought her home the next day.

Trifecta Achieved 7KjXiGg

She was solid but FILTHY. Spent a lot of time cleaning things up and making repairs. The car was maintained by previous owners but they did not care about cleaning it at all.

Trifecta Achieved OD663Sr

New carpets, headliner, replaced various broken/missing interior pieces, Bonnie seats, etc. Various other repairs, upgrades including a complete suspension rebuild, lowered it some and slapped on some 18 inch wheels. Tinted windows and am slowly removing/covering all the chrome bits.

Trifecta Achieved NSxCcYv

Trifecta Achieved OEtGVXH

to be continued...
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Trifecta Achieved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trifecta Achieved   Trifecta Achieved Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 10:06 pm

All of that took place over the last two years. So fast forward those two years Wink

A forum member here decided he wanted to get "out of the game" and sell his collection. 2 Buicks and 1 OCC. Only one of them was able to move under it's own power but they were only 50 miles from my house. So I talked to the owner and agreed to come check out his cars.

Made the short drive and looked over the cars. I was hesitant at first due to the amount of rust on the Buicks but I really wanted the rust free Oldsmobile so I made the purchase and was given 30 days to figure out how to get the cars home. That was quickly arranged thanks to friends with trucks and trailers.

Went up the next weekend and loaded up one 1996 White WB4 Buick Roadmaster. This car was wrecked but only has very minor damage. Why it ended up with a certificate of destruction instead of straightening out the radiator support is a mystery.

Trifecta Achieved YoxWxKU

The car was nothing but parts/scrap in my eyes so it went to work and is being parted out. The interior sold in the blink of an eye, lol. Going to pull the drivetrain and some body panels before sending it to the crusher soon.

On to the better (?) cars.

1991 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser. Of course it has the turd 305 in it but it is solid and basically rust free. It is one of a little over 300 made with brown interior. Low number makes sense because I have only ever seen blue and red in the wild. Car does not run, seller said it was due to a bad fuel pump. I got it home but have yet to really do anything besides wash it. I did put a battery in it and it turns over but will not start. All the fluids look good, except for it being way over full on oil. That part worries me.

Trifecta Achieved Zr3xux2

Last car is another 1996 Buick Roadmaster. Black with wood and lots of rust due to the car spending most all of its life in New York state. It is a limited car with tan interior. Came with a tow hitch but even it is rotted, lol. Floors have some rot as well as one b pillar. Strangely enough the frame is SOLID. It was the previous owners daily. It came with a new transmission, brakes, tires and runs perfectly. Unlike the owner requested the transmission was not "beefed" up at all during the overhaul. It still has a lot of life to give however so it is staying in one piece.

I dropped the gate so no one could tell it had no plates, loaded it with spare parts and drove it home. I just stayed between the two cars on trailers, lol.

Trifecta Achieved HBRAVtK
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Trifecta Achieved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trifecta Achieved   Trifecta Achieved Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 10:20 pm

I washed the cars upon their arrival to my house and put them in my name. Aside from that they are patiently awaiting repairs and decisions on how long they will remain. My Caprice has been on stands all year so I missed the wagonfest show but made it over for steaks and to deliver some parts from the scrap car.

I finally got it out of the air last night and was able to move it today. Got them arranged in my "driveway" and grabbed a picture of my wagon trifecta.

Trifecta Achieved TSbKVpD

Sadly, I barely have time for ONE wagon let alone THREE of them. Four if you include the parts car, lol. Two of them would be OK so I have decide what to do.

For now I'm just enjoying them being here. I even have room for at least one more. Yeah, I have a wagon "problem" Smile
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Trifecta Achieved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trifecta Achieved   Trifecta Achieved Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 8:52 pm

It's hard to just have one, lol. JUst yesterday I had a question and realized hey I can look at my wrecked one, only it didn't help as the header installed changed what I wanted to see, lol.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Trifecta Achieved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trifecta Achieved   Trifecta Achieved Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 10:30 pm

Sprocket wrote:
It's hard to just have one, lol.  JUst yesterday I had a question and realized hey I can look at my wrecked one, only it didn't help as the header installed changed what I wanted to see, lol.

Yes it is. I NEED to sell at least one of these but I just don't WANT to, lol. Especially now that the Olds is running.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Trifecta Achieved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trifecta Achieved   Trifecta Achieved Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 2:26 pm

I agree its hard to have just one. I have had all variants except the Fleetwood...almost feels like an obligation to get one now. Lol...
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Trifecta Achieved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trifecta Achieved   Trifecta Achieved Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 12:19 am

Well that was short lived. Both Buick’s have been sold.
Back to top Go down
BigDaddyDraayom

BigDaddyDraayom

Trifecta Achieved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trifecta Achieved   Trifecta Achieved Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:05 pm

94Woody wrote:
Sprocket wrote:
It's hard to just have one, lol.  JUst yesterday I had a question and realized hey I can look at my wrecked one, only it didn't help as the header installed changed what I wanted to see, lol.

Yes it is. I NEED to sell at least one of these but I just don't WANT to, lol. Especially now that the Olds is running.

I too have a problem! Very Happy
Trifecta Achieved Trifec10
Trifecta Achieved Trifec11
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Trifecta Achieved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trifecta Achieved   Trifecta Achieved Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 12:35 am

Well deciding which wagon to keep was simple. The Chevy wins and the rest were quickly flipped. That black one was a rotted mess but the new owner says he will fix her up and made a body shop appointment while standing in my driveway.

I really wanted to keep the OCC but while I was readying it for a head gasket replacement (SMH) I found a rotted passenger front floor pan and some sort of large rip in the driver side rear pan. So I cleaned up and put it up for sale very cheap. Few hours later it left on a roll back. Sadly I found this after putting in major clean up time, door swapping, etc. New owner has a body shop so she will be getting repaired properly.

I ever think of buying another one of these things it is going up on a lift first thing. They are like snowflakes, no two ever age/rust the same way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trifecta Achieved Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trifecta Achieved   Trifecta Achieved Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trifecta Achieved
Page 1 of 1