GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New shoes on my wagon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MildBill

New shoes on my wagon Empty
PostSubject: New shoes on my wagon   New shoes on my wagon Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 8:24 pm

Finally got a matching set of wheels and tires on my wagon. 255/60/15 Mastercraft on some 15x8 rallies I had. The left rear clears , but the right rear has slight rubbing???  Should I trim the fender well , which also is the mount surface for the trim?New shoes on my wagon 57852413
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: New shoes on my wagon   New shoes on my wagon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 7:32 pm

You can trim, or, you can center the body.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: New shoes on my wagon   New shoes on my wagon Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 10:04 pm

Love that look
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New shoes on my wagon   New shoes on my wagon Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 10:26 pm

for some reason all wagons bodies are slightly shifted to the left maike clearance on the pass side rear tighter that the driver's side. I had a set of 15x8 with 4 in back space and 255s and ran them on 4 different wagons. Every one would rub on a right hand turn anywhere over about 3mph.

I went down to 235 tire and under spirited driving (ahem) it would rub on right turns. Swapped to a stock SS rims which had more backspace and the problem went away.

You can roll the lip on the pass side for clearance (easy way) or as mentioned, re-center the body for that 1/2 inch difference (big PITA).
Back to top Go down
monwell

PostSubject: Re: New shoes on my wagon   New shoes on my wagon Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 11:01 pm

Nice choice. How's the grip and noise of the Mastercraft?

Pubtramp likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New shoes on my wagon   New shoes on my wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New shoes on my wagon
Page 1 of 1