GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who's in full wagonfest mode?

Go down 
+16
phantom 309
a1awind
DBeaSSt
scoob8000
mtrhead79
toomanytoyz
JaySS
lakeffect
BigBlackBeaSSt
Big Pimpin'
95BRMW
silverfox103
Cadet57
sherlock9c1
Krzdimond
Sprocket
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lakeffect

lakeffect

Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:49 am

Here's what Shammo's interior is like as of Tuesday before Wagonfest 2010.

Any body can bolt stuff on...

It takes areal man ( with plenty of beer) to have the balls to cut it up!

Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 100_3510
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:30 am

Well guys, the weather forecast for this weekend is FANTASTIC - sunny and 80 on saturday. Today is supposed to be the hottest day at 91, then it cools down from there!

Got the opti back on and ignition system hooked up. That dumb water pump drive seal took me awhile to figure out how it was supposed to be installed, then once I figured it out it was easy as pie. Ran out of steam to get the water pump on.

If anyone is coming up I-81 from the south or the NYS Thruway (I-90) from the east and needs to do any emergency wrenching on their car wednesday or thursday, I'm minutes from where I-81 crosses the thruway. Call me at Five 4 oh - two five yo - 73 fourfive.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:09 pm

My new matching lugnuts arrived in the mail. Gonna throw those on as well as the window rollers on the drivers side passenger door. Gonna finish cleaning the car as well tomorrow and i'll be ready to roll out as soon as I get out of work Friday night. Woo.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:09 pm

Paint is done................ Leaving the house right after i was the 3 hours of car loading sweat off of me!!! Wink

See you soon Mike!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Car is loaded, Robert is changing his oil in the garage. Okay, about ready.... .must... sleep....
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:56 pm

I envy you guys Sad
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:25 pm

iced tea is made!!!
beer is in the car!!!!
ill pack later...at least the important stuff is done!!! see you guys tomarrow!!!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:50 pm

I got the car mostly done, still a few small things I didn't get to... But that's what I get for doing a year's worth of mods in 3 days. Wink

I'll pack up in the morning and we hope to be leaving around 10am or so.

See yous guys in the afternoon some time! We're at the Holiday Inn. I may swing by the microtel after we unload. I still need to clean/detail the car as I never got a chance to do it today. All I did was run it through a car wash!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm going to need to was and detail on Friday too. Never got to waxing it before I left and now it has over a thousand miles of dirt on it.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:29 pm

Went to change the oil (2K over due) and noticed a loose front wheel... inner tie rod nut was so loose, there were no threads on the bolt. That explains the shudder when I hit the brakes.......

Fuel filter changed also.

Side note. 332 miles took 18 gal of gas with E-10 from the house. Non-ethanol ran 304 miles and I am just under 1/2 tank. 3% my ass.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 5:55 am

Awake... sorta, packed, ready. On the road in 3, 2, 1
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:44 am

Krzdimond wrote:
Went to change the oil (2K over due) and noticed a loose front wheel... inner tie rod nut was so loose, there were no threads on the bolt. That explains the shudder when I hit the brakes.......

Fuel filter changed also.

Side note. 332 miles took 18 gal of gas with E-10 from the house. Non-ethanol ran 304 miles and I am just under 1/2 tank. 3% my ass.

I got 26mpg on the tank of 93 I got in GA, 19MPG on the tank of 87 I got in NC, and 22 MPG on the tank of 87 I got in Virginia, WTF is up with that???
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:44 am

Went to bed early (11:30) last night, so I wouldn't be cranky, as my wife says. Woke up at 3:30, stayed in bed till 5:, and will be leaving by 8:00. Will get some shut eye on the way down.

Tom
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:38 am

Leaving here shortly! Wooo!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:35 am

see you guys tomorrow around noon- 1PM. Just book a room a mile from Niagara Falls for 50 bucks for 2nite
Figure I may wanna look at it again in the AM.
Leaving Erie, PA in next 20 min.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:44 pm

Got my fenders back this morning, putting the car back together now. Brakes done, waterpump and opti done.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:58 pm

Sitting at the microtel now. Need to find a "tunnel wash" to get all of the rain grime off before I start to detail.......
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Carwash: Go north on 414, and just before you hit the Holiday Inn, there's a car wash on the left. It's near the McDonalds. The exact directions are in the info thread.

Got the inner fenders in and started the car up. I have a one cylinder misfire on the right bank to diagnose (#6 plug wire was shady at the opti end, maybe that's it?).
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Got it. Fred's old mechanic Ron works there now....
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:27 pm

Got the car washed, vacuumed and spiffied up as best I could. Typed up my wagon's bio as well as Compnine sheet. Couldn't get around to doing my window rollers, ah well. Packing when I get home from work tomorrow. Hope to be on the road by 6pm when I get out of work.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Tell Ron I said hi.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:45 pm

i changed the oil,.l added tranny fluid, greased, wired the rad cradle up so the rad won't fall out,.,. added a can of duracool,.
Nick

Last edited by phantom 309 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:47 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
i changed the oil,

Dammit. Thats what I forgot to do. Ah well. At least it wasnt due quite yet. And I'll be dammed if I take it to Jiffy Lube after work. They can kiss my ass.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:51 pm

UNFREAKING BELEIVABLE!

Crap... went out to fire up Shammoo... NO START.

no fuel pressure. brand new Walbro 255 lph pump

relay clicks as normal.

tested pump at body harness connection.... no pump running.

FULL tank of gas.... Man am I ever happy I put a drain in the tank a few weeks ago

I'll be up at 6:00am draining the tank. If the Walbro is fried, Im glad I still have the Bosch unit that it replaced handy. I am so f ranking Bummed right now... 1 day and 40 miles away and the car can't even fire up!

Last edited by lakeffect on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:54 pm

Camera charged.
Dead bugs scraped off the Windshield.
Full Tank of Go Juice.
Beer to trade.
Bag packed.
Hotel reserved.
Day off of work.
Yup I am in Wagon Fest Mode!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 7:09 am

well I'm heading out here in a few mins, hope to meet up with sproket along the way, the 28year old Caballero has it's long roof mounted and should make the fest sometime today depending on the boarder traffic some where between 1pm and 3pm I'm in no hurry
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 7:17 am

We'll be at Fred's old shop across from the school waitin' on ya.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 7:29 am

i am packed and leaving in about 1/2 hr see you all in 6 hrs
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 8:44 am

Console almost in, have to remake the lever AGAIN... Found fresh holes in the pass rear wheel house. I am now a tiger hair expert!!!! Rustproofing today should be off the jack-stands by noon or so.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 8:56 am

At work. Desperately waiting for the work day to end. All that's left is to gas up the wagon and make the 300 mile trek
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:00 am

Spent an hour checking the passenger side ignition system. I'm getting good spark at all four plugs. Misfire mysteriously seemed to go away after I did all that nonsense. Got a coolant leak at thermostat housing, sealed that last night, will refill with coolant this morning, wash, wax and a few other minor things and the car is ready. Then gonna get the WF registration paperwork and awards certificates ready.

I may or may not make it out to Waterloo today.
Back to top Go down
Splinters

PostSubject: Splinters   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:06 am

Everything has come together at the last minute and I'm heading down to meet some fellow wagon owners. I know I missed registration and this is my first post, but I look forward to meeting and swapping stories with fellow wagon owners.

Loading up the trailer and attaching it to my 95 Caprice and leaving Ottawa in a few hours

Jake
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:30 am

Splinters wrote:
Everything has come together at the last minute and I'm heading down to meet some fellow wagon owners. I know I missed registration and this is my first post, but I look forward to meeting and swapping stories with fellow wagon owners.

Loading up the trailer and attaching it to my 95 Caprice and leaving Ottawa in a few hours

Jake

Welcome to the insanity Jake. A new Ottawa member, and a trailer hauler to boot?

To officially inaugerate you into the group, maybe you can do us a favour. Jason Lachepelle is being deployed overseas so is unable to attend the fest and with non of the other Ottawa people going to WF, myself included (sighhhh...next year for sure) maybe you could do us a favour. Jason has bought a set of wheels from another board member and was supposed to pick them up this weekend but can't due to deployment.

The original plan was for Pat (he will be there in a light blue Caballero...Malibu pickup) to pick up the wheels for Jason and then I was to pick them up from him the next time I was in southern Ontario. If you have room, maybe you could pick them up and I will store them for Jason till he gets back. If you don't have the room, don't worry, we can go back to plan A but if you can it would be greatly appreciated. I still have to pick something else up from Pat for Jason so no biggy if I also have to pick up the wheels.

Hope you have a great time, you won't find a better bunch of guys then this group. I'll be stuck here for the weekend working Sleep so will expect blow by blow descriptions of what everyone is doing and include lots of pics.

Everyone have a great fest and maybe next year I'll be able to join you. Glad it all came together even though the original host and hostess are now 2,000 miles away organizing another WF on the west coast.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Splinters

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:49 am

I can grab those wheels, there will be room in the Argosy, I'm realy looking forward to it and great to make my first connection with someone right in my backyard!

I'm a videographer by trade, so I'll do my best to get pics and vid...

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:20 pm

Shammoo's fuel issue is repaired. Throwing the console in for tomorrow.

Last edited by lakeffect on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:52 pm

The wagons have descended upon Waterloo! Probably 20 cars there including a black '96 Impala and a gold Fleetwood. Folks met for dinner at the local Petro truckstop and enjoyed free ice cream and a local car show. The buffet wasn't bad either.

We'll start things rolling at Seneca Lake State Park around 9am. You are welcome to arrive earlier or later. We'll be at Pavillion #2.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:41 pm

Made it to syracuse where i am staying over at a friend's. The caprice made it ok, the tires are another story. The car vibrates like crazy on the highway, and wobbles locally. The wonder of used tires!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:13 am

Dave, sent you a PM about tires and about caravanning out to Geneva.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's in full wagonfest mode?   Who's in full wagonfest mode? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's in full wagonfest mode?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2