GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters

Go down 
5 posters

Is this ad offensive to longroof owners?
Yes
Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Vote_lcap33%Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
No
Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Vote_lcap67%Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Only Roadmaster Owners
Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Vote_lcap0%Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Jakinwhale

Jakinwhale

Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Empty
PostSubject: Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters   Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 5:47 pm

This Allstate commercial is making fun of Buick Roadmaster Wagons!!! The girl getting the new jeep is actually the one with the lame car, and it will break down much faster!!! I made a parody of this video and posted it on Youtube, the link is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD1Z5fm-28A

bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsfc_Q6sd0gScAUl5MZUyyA
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters   Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 7:47 pm

It would be nice if we could hear you.
Back to top Go down
Jakinwhale

Jakinwhale

PostSubject: Re: Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters   Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 1:30 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:

Ya Ik, my video editing software was being weird, but i say that it is a 1994 so it has a corvette lt1 engine and that the kid can get a new car if the roadmaster is to powerful for him.
Back to top Go down
Jakinwhale

Jakinwhale

PostSubject: Re: Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters   Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 1:30 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:

Ya Ik, my video editing software was being weird, but i say that it is a 1994 so it has a corvette lt1 engine and that the kid can get a new car if the roadmaster is to powerful for him. bounce
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters   Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 6:54 am

It does not have the Corvette engine. It is an LT1. The Corvette has aluminum heads, and makes a good bit more HP.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters   Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 10:58 am

This has been beaten to death. Nobody cares. It's an ad. The car they used in the ad was lame.
Back to top Go down
Jakinwhale

Jakinwhale

PostSubject: Re: Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters   Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 2:35 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
It does not have the Corvette engine. It is an LT1. The Corvette has aluminum heads, and makes a good bit more HP.

isnt it a detuned corvette Lt-1 engine?

https://consumerguide.com/used/1991-96-buick-roadmaster/

(this article says a modified version...)
Back to top Go down
RadioFlyer

PostSubject: Re: Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters   Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 2:57 pm

Just think of it like most young musicians and Hollywood stars do....there's no such thing as bad publicity!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters   Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 6:56 pm

Offensive? Now we have wagon snowflakes, SMH. Anyone that gives any thought to this stupid commercial cracks me up. I laughed when I saw it and showed it to everyone in the house.

I have two teenage drivers in the house and neither of them have any interest in driving my old, noisy station wagon.
Back to top Go down
Jakinwhale

Jakinwhale

PostSubject: Re: Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters   Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 1:35 am

94Woody wrote:
Offensive? Now we have wagon snowflakes, SMH. Anyone that gives any thought to this stupid commercial cracks me up. I laughed when I saw it and showed it to everyone in the house.

I have two teenage drivers in the house and neither of them have any interest in driving my old, noisy  station wagon.

Wow thats sad! I am a teenage driver and I have been looking for a Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon for about a year (in my price range) because they are my favorite car! I want to haul all my friends around and have some of them in the rear facing back seat! I also want to go on roadtrips, and camp in it!!!

I don't get how your teenagers wouldn't want this!

They probably say that its "too old" or "doesn't fit in", in my opinion, it being old is better! It has a cassette player, which I would use alot (I use the one I have in my 1998 Mercury Villager rn) and if it doesnt fit in, or looks "bad", ITS A UNIQUE CAR, and rare, and I love them!!! I mean look at that 2 way tailgate/door!!!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters   Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 9:57 am

I bought my Wagon from a 16 year old that didn’t want it. His reason was simple “I want something smaller”.

These days when folks want big they get an SUV. Many people want fuel efficiency these days with ever changing gas prices. My big wagon is anything but efficient so I daily drive a 2015 4 cyl car.
Back to top Go down
Jakinwhale

Jakinwhale

PostSubject: Re: Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters   Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 2:12 pm

94Woody wrote:
I bought my Wagon from a 16 year old that didn’t want it. His reason was simple “I want something smaller”.  

These days when folks want big they get an SUV. Many people want fuel efficiency these days with ever changing gas prices. My big wagon is anything but efficient so I daily drive a 2015 4 cyl car.

Yes, the common, boring, SUV, they all look the same, don't have wood grain, and still 25 years later barely have better gas mileage than a Roadmaster. I want to GO BIG or GO HOME!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters   Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 8:04 pm

Right. My 2014 SUV is in the 20s for MPG. My 95 Wagon gets about 14. The 15 Sonic is in the 30s so it drives while the wagon collects dust.

I get what you are saying though, I love big cars. I don’t like the vinyl wood stickers though.
Back to top Go down
Jakinwhale

Jakinwhale

PostSubject: Re: Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters   Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 1:31 am

We should take some real wood and glue it on to the side of the car
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters   Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allstate Commercial Making Fun Of Roadmasters
Page 1 of 1