GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wheel and tire fitment calculator

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Norm

Norm

Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Empty
PostSubject: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 1:08 pm

I’ve used this site before thought I’d share. You put your current setup and the setup you’re looking at and hit calculate. Scroll down and is shows a diagram showing the wheel and tire comparison on the diagram. I’m a visual learner type of person so this helps me a lot haha. Nice to see how different tire sizes compare when sizing up wheel sizes.

https://www.willtheyfit.com
Back to top Go down
Norm

Norm

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Also, I want to put these on my wagon in the future. Wheel and tire fitment calculator  9821a110
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 8:50 pm

You need a 6mm offset to fit the B body cars.
Back to top Go down
Norm

Norm

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 9:30 pm

Wouldn’t spacers take care of that? Or is that the wrong way?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 11:16 pm

If you can get the wheel to fit without spacers, it is a lot stronger. 4 inch spacers are pretty big spacers.
Back to top Go down
Norm

Norm

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 11:26 pm

I was thinking a 6mm spacer, not 4” lol. Like I said, I might be thinking backwards. I saw on another forum that 0 offset won’t rub with a 8” wheel

Last edited by Norm on Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Norm

Norm

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 11:28 pm

The front of my car does have drop spindles, I don’t know if that changes the fitment.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 12:01 am

Most of the drop spindles add 3/8 of an inch to the track on each side. To get back to "stock", you need a 12-15mm offset.

If the 4.5 inches is "backspacing" then the equation is different. On an 8 inch wide rim, 4.5 inches backspacing is about stock. With the drop spindles you will still have an issue with tire size in the front. You need another 6-9 mm of offset to put the wheel in the original position.
Back to top Go down
Norm

Norm

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 12:08 am

What I need to do is pull off my wheels and see what size they are. The tires are staggered, but idk if the wheels are different sizes.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 7:55 am

What wheels do you have on your car? If they are OEM, they are 6mm (0.2") offset.

I just reread the advertisement, and they stated "backspace". It that is so, they will then fit as is, with no spacer, as long as you use the same tires. I do not know what tires you are running, so I do not know how they will clear on the front with the drop spindles.

With your drop spindles, I would not go to a "0" offset, because it will push your front wheels 0.2" further out, and you need the opposite. "0" offset will work with "stock" tires on stock suspension. If you are using wider tires, especially in the front, you need more offset, or more backspace. You need about 5.1" of  backspace on the front, and 4.7", to approximate the original wheel position. I checked with http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp to verify the offset, and backspace. If you enter the OEM tire and wheel package in the first box, and the proposed set in the second box, it will tell you the dimensions, and how they affect the clearances. You will have to play around with the offset in millimeters to get the inch values. I put 6mm in the first one, and 15mm in the second. The offset will probably be determined by the manufacturer, so you will have to find out if it fits your car.
Back to top Go down
Norm

Norm

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 11:07 am

The wheels on it now are not stock. They’re 15s but idk the width and offset/back spacing. It has 235/60 on front and 255/60 on the back. I’m assuming they are 8” wide rims, but I’ll have to pull them to make sure.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 7:58 am

A wider wheel will make the sidewalls stick out more, and decrease the room between the tire and fender. I would be cautious on the front.

Doing some math, the wheels above may have enough offset to make the 235s fit under the front. but it will be close.

Mine is dropped with both spring and spindles. I can only run 215s on the front, or it will hit the wheellhouses. I am running stock Impala wheels. The above wheels will pull the tire about 0.30" further "in", but your sidewall will be a little more "puffy".

One more issue...If you have a flat with 15 inch wheels, and drop spindles, the end of the shock will hit the ground before the wheel bottoms out. If that happens at speed, you will be replacing the front suspension on the side with the flat.
Back to top Go down
BrianTim31

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2020 10:26 am

When selecting wheels for your car, you need to know exactly the minimum and maximum wheel width suitable for a given tire size. To calculate the width of the disk, you can use this reference
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2020 10:31 am

Here is a tire size calculator:

http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp
Back to top Go down
BrianTim31

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 5:15 am

BrianTim31 wrote:
When selecting wheels for your car...
here's another https://tirewheelguide.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel and tire fitment calculator    Wheel and tire fitment calculator  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheel and tire fitment calculator
Page 1 of 1