GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread

Go down 
+14
phantom 309
BigBlackBeaSSt
buickestate
Splinters
Sprocket
Cadet57
silverfox103
Gastt
95BRMW
toomanytoyz
Krzdimond
YachtDriver
Big Pimpin'
a1awind
18 posters
AuthorMessage
a1awind

a1awind

official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Empty
PostSubject: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:34 pm

well, i got home ok
we went to 200oz's house for breakfast and a little test and tune. didnt leave there till almost 3
ate dinner at Backyard Burger in erie followed by a cruise around presque isle. just walked in the door. safe, sound, and bummed that its over!

i got to meet a lot of great people, some ive legends of. (bewbzout (+Y+)). this was my first wagonfest and its unfortunate my wife and daughter would go but, i think it worked out for a couple of us. bewbz and clan got to sleep in a room Thursday night. and nick slept with me Friday night....ummm ..err poor choice of phrase...he stayed in my room ....and i got out of diaper duty all weekend!
Back to top Go down
Big Pimpin'

Big Pimpin'

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:38 pm

We just got in a while ago. Did a little shopping at the outlet mall and got stuck on the thruway for a bit because of an accident.

Had a great time, thanks again to everyone who pitched in and helped.
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:51 pm

Home without major delay's Ran into some traffic on the mass pike but that was about it.

Had a great time. It was cool to meet everyone.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Sitting at the 1/2 way point, 604 miles to go tomorrow......... EH, that's only like 5 1/2 hour drive with the pool noodle on:cheers:
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:56 pm

We made it home safe and sound. Smile Finally got on the road about one this afternoon and even with some immediate traffic (due to a pretty bad wreck - hope they're ok) on the Thruway and then some normal traffic on the pike near 84 for a few miles, we made it home before 8pm.Not too bad. Quicker than the ride down! The girls were tired, which worked for me, because there was no one awake to tell me to NOT go the 80-90mph I was doing while they dreamed of next year's fest. Wink

Thanks to all who donated, coordinated, cooked, cleaned, scheduled, and all else... You guys put on a HELL of a show. We had a GREAT time and miss you all already. Smile
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:01 pm

Made it back a couple hours ago. Nice ride, only hit traffic towards the end. All went well except for a tire blow out, nice pic of that in the WF pics thread. Had a great time, can't wait to do it again.
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:02 pm

Big Pimpin' wrote:
We just got in a while ago. Did a little shopping at the outlet mall and got stuck on the thruway for a bit because of an accident.

I saw your wagon in the outlet parking lot. Kayla was dying to go shopping there all weekend. Spent about 2 hours there. We are all home in one piece without any issue. We all had a great time thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:08 am

Got the show on the road at 7:30 am, rolled in the driveway at 5:00 pm. Nice day for a ride.

Thanks Joel, Mike and Michelle and everyone that helped. Great time!

Tom
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:28 am

Gastt wrote:
Big Pimpin' wrote:

I saw your wagon in the outlet parking lot. Kayla was dying to go shopping there all weekend. Spent about 2 hours there. We are all home in one piece without any issue. We all had a great time thanks guys!

Hey was that you at the rest stop on the thruway at around 11am on Sunday? There was a gold Silhouette that pulled in as we were leavin.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:15 am

only approx 870 more miles for me...going to drop 600 of them today,
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:25 am

Drive safe John. Thanks for coming and thanks for bringing the rims.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Splinters

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:27 am

Smooth drive minimal fussing. Got home last night and spent time putting faces to forum posts. Awesome time, great meeting a bunch of other wagon enthusiasts and looking forward to next year. On the hunt for a winter beater now.
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:03 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Gastt wrote:
Big Pimpin' wrote:

Hey was that you at the rest stop on the thruway at around 11am on Sunday? There was a gold Silhouette that pulled in as we were leavin.

I don't think it was. We left the hotel room around 11:20am. What a coincidence.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:04 pm

left microtel at 10:00 am yesterday and got home at 3:30pm, no issues, the boarder was quick.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Got home about an hour ago. Pretty smooth, doing the mileage tomorrow.....

Left sprocket to fend for himself for the last leg of his journey.....
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:32 pm

I am still on the road for another week. Starting full time employment again "WOOT". Orientation in Syracuse for the week. Hope to hang out with Joel on Wednesday night and do some wagon stuff......

Great to hear everyone getting home without problems!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:35 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
I am still on the road for another week. Starting full time employment again "WOOT". Orientation in Syracuse for the week. Hope to hang out with Joel on Wednesday night and do some wagon stuff......

Great to hear everyone getting home without problems!!

Tim

Hey Tim,

It was wonderful meeting you in person this weekend, if you don't mind I have a quick question, the guy you introduced to me that has that left quarter, what is his name? i lost the paper with his name and number on it and we couldn't get up to Rochester on our way home as my brother wasn't feeling well. I want to get in touch with him and let him know i'm still interested in that panel.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:19 pm

Sprocket wrote:
good to meet you john, your girl is a treasure, i had so much fun talking to her and playing frisbee,.
The picture came out great,. can't believe somebody got a picture of me smiling,. Laughing
you guys stay safe,. and post when you make it home,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:00 pm

i left yesterday at 11:00 made good time home at 4:10. on way home passed a older guy with ny tags in a white woody roadmaster we waved as we went buy then he jumped on it and cought us he was saying that it was his 4th wagon. it is always neat to see other wagon guys
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
gwturbo

gwturbo

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:03 pm

Made it home this afternoon. No issues at all. 2300 miles round trip. Had a wonderful time. Beautiful area of the country and the weather could not have been any better. Really appreciate the hard work by Joel and Mike and everyone else who volunteered. It seemed to be well organized and it was a blast. Even got a nap or 2 in. Being an old fart has it's advantages.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 pm

glen there are some photos up of your nap
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
gwturbo

gwturbo

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:30 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:
glen there are some photos up of your nap

Yea, I saw them. Pretty funny
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:25 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Sprocket wrote:
good to meet you john, your girl is a treasure, i had so much fun talking to her and playing frisbee,.
The picture came out great,. can't believe somebody got a picture of me smiling,. Laughing
you guys stay safe,. and post when you make it home,..

Nick

Likewise, Only wish we all had more time to visit with each other.....

We just got home about 20 min ago. I was mistaken. When I got in the car yesterday AM, it said still 1000 to go! DOH!
Made it to Jax, FL last night, after hooking up with Robert for a bit on the Road yesterday.

Odometer says we went 3306 miles round trip. I thought it'd be a little more....maybe the odo isn't quite accurate (didn't test that out).
We are all safe and sound and only minor mishaps along the way.

Worst being the paint chips in my hood....While on I-81 west of Roanoke before I-77, there were a series of trucks that kicked up rocks. I heard 2 or 3 hit the car, but last night counted 17 chips on the hood that weren't there when I waxed the car Friday afternoon Sad

GPS decided it doesn't ant to turn on anymore????? and my boy left a walkie talkie on the roof in NC on the way up that slid off while we were accelerating onto I-95...
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:31 pm

good now we can relax as the last wgon is back at its home,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:10 am

I made in back to New Jersey just fine Sunday night, and by good fortune too. I slammed on my brakes hard yesterday and blew out a rusty brake line! I was glad it happened close to home and not on the highway in the middle of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:20 am

Lynol wrote:
I made in back to New Jersey just fine Sunday night, and by good fortune too. I slammed on my brakes hard yesterday and blew out a rusty brake line! I was glad it happened close to home and not on the highway in the middle of nowhere.

Same deal here. I went all the way there and back without drama, then the very next day the upper radiator hose blew off as I parked the car - only 4 miles from home. Hell I thought the whole radiator exploded and I was LMAO at what great luck it was. Turned out alls I had to do was hook the hose back up and add some dihydrogen oxide and all is well.

Thanks again Ian for letting us crash there for the night.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Lynol wrote:
I was glad it happened close to home and not on the highway in the middle of nowhere.

walk faster...i hear banjo's!!!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:54 pm

I'll admit it was nice to know that I had wagon folk all along my routes just in case. Why else would I slap together a ride in two weeks and barely road test it before taking on 3000+ trip!

Oh yeah, our cars are bullet-proof that's why, lmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread   official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

official wagonfest "i got home okay" thread
Page 1 of 1