GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Evap hoses diagram

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimosborn

Jimosborn

Evap hoses diagram Empty
PostSubject: Evap hoses diagram   Evap hoses diagram Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 5:20 pm

my 96 RMW failed smog in California due to "Rotted" evap hoses. And a vacuum nipple that was not broken on Sunday, but was broken after the inspection.  
I am not seeing any hoses that show sign of rot.  All that i can see are pliable and showing no cracks at the connections or where there is a clamp. I have seen really rotted vacuum hoses when got my 54 Chevy back in 1993.  

Does anyone have a diagram of the evap system and where everything is located? the top of the engine hoses look good expect for the part they broke, however the hose going to it looks good.
Back to top Go down
Jimosborn

Jimosborn

Evap hoses diagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evap hoses diagram   Evap hoses diagram Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Evap hoses diagram Img_5613
the Nipple that was "broken" it was not broken on Sunday.

Evap hoses diagram Img_5612
The hose going into the nipple.
Good examples of the hoses. They may have some dust and dirt on them but soft and pliable.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Evap hoses diagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evap hoses diagram   Evap hoses diagram Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 6:02 pm

Timely topic, just so happens I've been replacing the wheel well extension on my 94 Caddy Fleetwood. If we're talking about the same thing, the hoses that go into the charcoal caster, passenger side. They are definitely rotted. They are 26 years old. I have got the canister out with hoses attached, if that's what you need info on, I can take a picture of it.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Jimosborn

Jimosborn

Evap hoses diagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evap hoses diagram   Evap hoses diagram Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 6:14 pm

Thank you, i did not see the hoses that go to the evap canaster, nor where it is. Now i do. Should be an easier fix now.
Back to top Go down
Jimosborn

Jimosborn

Evap hoses diagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evap hoses diagram   Evap hoses diagram Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 8:20 pm

figure out what they broke.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6674676&jsn=3

What can be used to replace, what i think is the bleeder valve between the 2 hoses?
Back to top Go down
Jimosborn

Jimosborn

Evap hoses diagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evap hoses diagram   Evap hoses diagram Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 3:35 pm

I was able to purchase the secondary air pump hose with the bleed valve from a Chevy dealer in Northern California. They had 1.
Back to top Go down
Jimosborn

Jimosborn

Evap hoses diagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evap hoses diagram   Evap hoses diagram Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 4:31 pm

there is a hose that connects to a T junction with 2 hoses going off of it.
From the service manual
Evap hoses diagram Img_5610

new hose from Evap canister---T---Where?
                                             |
                                        Where?

I need to replace the t and the 2 hoses on the otherside of the T
Evap hoses diagram Img_5615
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Evap hoses diagram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evap hoses diagram   Evap hoses diagram Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evap hoses diagram
Page 1 of 1