GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Back to 15s.

Go down 
+3
Walterf
rcktpwrd
94Woody
7 posters
AuthorMessage
94Woody

94Woody

Back to 15s. Empty
PostSubject: Back to 15s.   Back to 15s. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2020 8:12 pm

After spending 2 years with wheels that I hated I finally got rid of them. Spent a week going from wheel to wheel, Chevy Rally, Torq thrust, TT2, etc when I found out that JEGS has their own line of wheels. They have a dirt cheap 15x8 Rally wheel but I don't want Chrome on my wagon. I didn't want any Torq Thrust styles since everyone and their mom runs them.

Decided to give the SSR Star from JEGS a try. Turns out they are just Vision wheels with JEGS on the center cap. While trying to decide between pure aluminum and black someone bought all of the aluminum so I had to get the black ones. Wrapped them in 255/60-15 Cooper Cobra GTs.

Back to 15s. NL4xfFR

Back to 15s. GLIm7cq

Back to 15s. Q38mzOh

Back to 15s. NNNInxr

Rides much better and no more scrubbing the bolts on the inner fenders. Also this tire is 1.5" shorter than the 18s and lower is always good.
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

Back to 15s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to 15s.   Back to 15s. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2020 9:10 pm

looks great!

quick glance looks kinda like the cop car steel wheels with the little center cap.
Back to top Go down
Walterf

Back to 15s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to 15s.   Back to 15s. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 11:00 am

No thanks. Unless there is no other option, nothing made in China goes on my American iron. I have Wheel Vintiques on my old Cougar that were made in California.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Back to 15s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to 15s.   Back to 15s. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 11:23 am

Walterf wrote:
No thanks.  Unless there is no other option, nothing made in China goes on my American iron.  I have Wheel Vintiques on my old Cougar that were made in California.

No doubt it's not easy, but I always look at where a product is made.

For the last 35 & years, I've had vanity plates on our daily drivers: one say "BUY USA" and the other says "BUY US". I used to get quite a few comments, the last few years, not as much. Thought about saving myself a few bucks and get rid of them. But with the virus, comments are picking up. Just my little message to the world.

Tom

92whale likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Back to 15s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to 15s.   Back to 15s. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 12:32 pm

Walterf wrote:
No thanks.  Unless there is no other option, nothing made in China goes on my American iron.  I have Wheel Vintiques on my old Cougar that were made in California.

Good for you. I figured that picture would trigger someone and almost didn’t post it.

I look for American stuff whenever I can but not much made here these days. Has to be strange living without a TV and most any other electronics. Really sucks to buy car parts.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Back to 15s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to 15s.   Back to 15s. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 1:44 pm

Definitely not easy buying American even if you are watching.  Woody is right, nothing is made in the US, I hope that will change.  Probably like everyone on here, if there's a choice, I buy American every time.  Other than that I have to buy what's available, if I didn't I'd be watching a black and white TV from the 60's.

About 20 years ago, we remodeled 2 bathrooms, including all new fixtures. I bought American Standard toilets, how can I go wrong? Well after I got them installed I realized it was an American Standard, made in the Philippines.

I mean no slight against any other country, but manufacturing used to be a big part of our economy, that is until the Chinese took that away from us. I would gladly by Canadian products, but there harder to find than US products.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Back to 15s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to 15s.   Back to 15s. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 2:19 pm

those look pretty good!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Back to 15s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to 15s.   Back to 15s. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 4:56 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
I mean no slight against any other country, but manufacturing used to be a big part of our economy, that is until the Chinese took that away from us.  I would gladly by Canadian products, but there harder to find than US products.
Be careful in your wording choices. The only thing the Chinese 'take' is intellectual property of companies that do business there... well, that, and their citizens' freedoms... oh, and the organs of any Chinese citizens they politically disagree with. But I digress. Back on topic:

Anyway, when we jack up our labor prices through demands for "living wages," add unnecessary regulation for vague and dubious benefits (such as environmental regulations that go far beyond available technology or where the knee in the curve is), drive up energy costs by demanding switches to immature, unreliable sources and restricting access to cheap and reliable energy (see natural gas pipelines in the Northeast), and hike up corporate tax rates far beyond other countries, we will see manufacturing jobs leave.

Bottom line, if we want more manufacturing in this country, we need to break down the barriers. Love him or hate him, Trump understands this and has done much to bring manufacturing back to USA.

I'd encourage you to read any book by Andrew Puzder for more on this topic.

Nice wheels Billy.

92whale likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Back to 15s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to 15s.   Back to 15s. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 6:30 pm

Well, this went downhill in a hurry. This virus BS has had everyone in hiding for far too long and politics are being brought into anything and everything.

Back on freaking topic. Thanks for the compliments.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Back to 15s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to 15s.   Back to 15s. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 7:46 pm

Meh, you all are still my friends.

When I went to the middle east last summer, everyone I talked to over there remarked how surprised they were that Americans would put their friendship on the line when talking politics or religion. In the middle east, if you were friends, you could loudly disagree on politics and still be friends. I thought that was a good thing.

On those wheels, what if you painted a silver or tan stripe just inside the lip?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Back to 15s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to 15s.   Back to 15s. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 4:07 pm

Looks great Billy....your wagon is coming along!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sponsored content

Back to 15s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to 15s.   Back to 15s. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back to 15s.
Page 1 of 1