GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

96 Roady Transmission First Gear Issue.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark 96 Roady

96 Roady Transmission First Gear Issue. Empty
PostSubject: 96 Roady Transmission First Gear Issue.   96 Roady Transmission First Gear Issue. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2020 11:49 pm

Here is the issue- around town, the car shifts and runs fine. If I get on the highway for 20 minutes or so, and then get off, when I come to a complete stop, here's what happens. Accelerating from a dead stop, when the car shifts from first to second gear, it feels like someone is kicking it in the rear. The other gears shift smoothly. If I park the car for 10 minutes of so, the problem goes away. On an extended trip I took recently, each time I'd stop for gas or a break, it would do this. But, once it cooled down, it stopped. Car has about 163,000 miles, and the trans fluid/filter was replaced about 10,000 miles ago. The shop said there was no debris in the pan when they took it apart at the time. Currently the fluid is full and pink. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

96 Roady Transmission First Gear Issue. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96 Roady Transmission First Gear Issue.   96 Roady Transmission First Gear Issue. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2020 2:05 pm

Could be a leaky 1-2 accumulator piston or a busted spring in that accumulator.

BUT... a 25 year old car with 163,000 miles on it, the valvebody is probably worn in several places. And even if you put a remanufactured valvebody in it, the rest of the trans is tired too, with all the factory gotchas still waiting to fail, babied or not.

Given that you like the car and travel long distances with it, I'd get a good reman unit and have it installed.
Back to top Go down

96 Roady Transmission First Gear Issue.
Page 1 of 1