GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Musical rears (no farting involved) Also posted on ISSF

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Musical rears (no farting involved) Also posted on ISSF Empty
PostSubject: Musical rears (no farting involved) Also posted on ISSF   Musical rears (no farting involved) Also posted on ISSF Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 6:56 pm

My buddy and I were going to swap an axle on the White Elephant, and when I attempted to remove the spider gear shaft bolt, I found out it was broken, and could not get it out. Sooooooooooo, we swapped the rear from my blue OCC to the White Elephant (it has the correct gear ratio), and put the rear that came out of the Starship in the Blue OCC (it is a 3.23, and the VSS is set up for it). I ended up putting the wheel cylinders from the white wagon rear in the one from the Starship, because the ones in it were seized. I put new bushings in the rear arms for the blue OCC as well. The bushing in the axle need to be frozen, and the housing heated to make them easier to install, although we had to use a big sledge hammer to get them in quickly. The most difficult part is getting the e-brake arm off and on the cables. I found that if I held the end with vicegrips, used a metal tree fastener removal tool to get under the spring and use the bend in it to compress it against the vicegrips while removing/attaching the arm was the easiest way. The cable comes out with a small hose clamp over the tangs, and tap it out.

All the swapping is done, and the brakes bled. A fairly good time was had by all.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Musical rears (no farting involved) Also posted on ISSF   Musical rears (no farting involved) Also posted on ISSF Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 pm

When did you get a Blue one? I thought you only had 2....
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Musical rears (no farting involved) Also posted on ISSF   Musical rears (no farting involved) Also posted on ISSF Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 2:37 pm

I bought the blue one a couple of years ago . I bought it to resell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musical rears (no farting involved) Also posted on ISSF   Musical rears (no farting involved) Also posted on ISSF Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Musical rears (no farting involved) Also posted on ISSF
Page 1 of 1