GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Buick Century Seat Swap?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
68JCode

Buick Century Seat Swap? Empty
PostSubject: Buick Century Seat Swap?   Buick Century Seat Swap? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2022 9:31 pm

I've never been completely happy with the front seat comfort in my 1996 Caprice. My biggest issue is once I've got the seat bottom tilt adjusted to where I like it, the seat back is leaned further back than I want (even with the recline all the way up). I also think the headrests are a little on the low side for good whiplash protection (I am a little over 6'1").

Sooo, two questions:

1) Is there any way to get the seatback to tilt any further forward?

Barring that, I am looking at a seat swap. I know Bonneville seats used to be the hot ticket, but they are getting rare and typically pretty beat when you do find them. I think the Roadmaster Limited seats and Fleetwood seats have more upright travel on the seatback, but those are even harder to find and more likely to be completely shot when you find them. This leads to my question #2

2) Is there any reason not to give last gen Buick Century seats a shot? I ask because they are pretty common still (they made them until 2005) and come in a split bench configuration, pretty similar to what we've got in our cars. They are on a W-Platform, so maybe a little narrower than a B-Body, but probably not by much.

Feedback is appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrew
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Buick Century Seat Swap?   Buick Century Seat Swap? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2022 10:26 pm

Good question Andrew.  Offhand I would say there is going to be a difference, but you never know.  I know guys have installed seats that you would never think would work. Now that I think of it, isn't the Bonneville and the Century the same body platform?

I have a 94 Caprice.  I got rid of the Caprice seats and installed Roadmaster non limited cloth seats; big improvement.  That was the best part of 10 years ago when you could find them.  I'm sure it's going to be harder now.

Good luck and keep us up to date with the Century seats

Tom
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Buick Century Seat Swap?   Buick Century Seat Swap? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 7:31 am

I was grazing through the local Craigslist the other day a stumbled on to a 95 Riviera for sale.

I was very surprised to see the seats loked VERY similar to out 96 RMW with Limited seats.  The RMW is a split bench with fold down armrest and the Riv had individual buckets, though, with a center console.

The Riv is front drive, so that might be an issue but might be worth a look.
Here is the link.
Riviera

Last edited by booster on Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: Buick Century Seat Swap?   Buick Century Seat Swap? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 7:38 am

You can install probably any seat you want, but 99.9% of them will not be a simple bolt on. Even the Bonny seats required modding. I have Lincoln LS seats in mine, and they did need to be reworked to fit.Buick Century Seat Swap? Img_2414
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Buick Century Seat Swap?   Buick Century Seat Swap? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2022 8:37 am

Any seat is going to require some modification to install, some more than others. I put a pair of 6C1 buckets in my OCC. I had to make adapter plates to bolt them to the OEM seat tracks. Seats from a 2 door may have more forward motion. That may not equate to a more upright seating position, because they may not have detents to latch them in a forward position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buick Century Seat Swap?   Buick Century Seat Swap? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buick Century Seat Swap?
Page 1 of 1