GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Window Regulator

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BobD

BobD

Window Regulator Empty
PostSubject: Window Regulator   Window Regulator Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2023 8:52 pm

I have a 96 RMW that has a sticking passenger side front window that won't go down more than 3 or 4 inches. I replaced the rollers in the regulator, and after that the window won't go down completely. I have tried to find a new regulator to have on hand when I attempt to repair or have someone repair that knows more about what they are doing than I. I can't find a new one listed anywhere. Just asking if someone might have a good used one I could acquire? I'm thinking the one in there might be bent from the window being off the rollers for a time before I got the car.

Please feel free to email at grdavenport@hotmail.com or reply to this post.

Thanks for your time...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Window Regulator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Window Regulator   Window Regulator Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2023 8:30 am

Check the inner window wipe/felt to see if it is curling down with the glass. If so try cleaning the glass and putting some car wax, or Rain-x on the glass.
If that is not the case, I have a couple of passenger side regulators I can sell.

BobD likes this post

Back to top Go down
BobD

BobD

Window Regulator Empty
PostSubject: Window Regulator   Window Regulator Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2023 5:40 pm

Thanks for the tips. I'll check those and get back with you...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Window Regulator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Window Regulator   Window Regulator Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Window Regulator
Page 1 of 1