GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon of the Month--How it started!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagon of the Month--How it started! Empty
PostSubject: Wagon of the Month--How it started!   Wagon of the Month--How it started! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:36 pm

So....... as we all seem to have migrated for the winter, us there any talk of a wagon of the month or something?

We could take 3 or 4 nominations and cast votes for a couple of weeks and then award the winner a spot say just above in the title for the month. Once you win, you are in the hall of fame and not able to compete the same wagon again.....

thoughts?

I nominate the wagon in my avator, lol. (have about 4 pics of it)
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Wagon of the Month--How it started!   Wagon of the Month--How it started! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Lorne came up with the idea over at the other site, I think he has intentions of bringing it over here. What it was that once a week someone would have pictures of their wagon and a little story of what they had done or what they are going to do. No competition, someone would just volunteer to tell their story. Great idea!

Tom C.

Last edited by silverfox103 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Wagon of the Month--How it started!   Wagon of the Month--How it started! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:53 pm

It was just a thought I came up with to kind of kick start interest that had seemed to be missing on the other forum.

the timing is perfect for the idea here as it could also be a way to make introductions and not be ashamed to take part ,as is often the case on long established forums.

I agree with the non competitive clause like Tom said. Any one who has seen his rear seat mod would know you don't see that at 60 mph. Who would know unless his is featured?

Joe you are the boss,set up a nomination process and see what interest is created.
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Hmmm....   Wagon of the Month--How it started! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:11 am

Ok... Give me some input... Go by date registered on here? Alphabetical? or pick a random member?
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon of the Month--How it started!   Wagon of the Month--How it started! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:37 am

Here's my thought. Create a separate section, which is at the top of the section list. A random wagon will be selected monthly by some to be determined method. Several pictures along will a brief blurb about the owner and cars history will be the thread start for that month. Each month a new thread will be started within that section for that months featured car.

I agree too that each car can be featured only once. Further, I suggest that since there are a few of us with multiple cars, each forum member can be featured not more than once, maybe twice a year.

To open it up a little more, I would call the section 'LongRoof of the Month' that way we can easily include all long roof's, not just B wagons. Since this is a LongRoof forum, not just a B wagon forum. Wink

I think that's more than .02 but then I've always been a bargain shopper. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Wagon of the Month--How it started!   Wagon of the Month--How it started! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:40 am

I like Mike's idea of creating a separate section. I think twice a month would better serve everybody for two reasons: 12 wagons a year would create a backlog real quick and #2 a month is a long time and it might get a little stale. I would create a list of people interested and go from there. Having a list, a date can be assigned so one is ready to go.

Loren's idea, I say he should be first.

93wgn, the first thing that should be done, is you creating a new section. I would create it under the wagon section rather than the main page. If you do that, we can get rolling.

My 2 cents.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon of the Month--How it started!   Wagon of the Month--How it started! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:06 pm

I'm game. Sounds like a great way to showcase all the cars on here without leaving anyone out. This is also a great way to showcase everyone's unique building and mod style, and also letting us small time modders explain what we have done to our cars and point out the subtle things that only we know we did. I would also like to see as many pics of the nominated wagon a possible. If the person nominated wants to bow out I think they should be allowed, as some people are bashful or secrative of their mods.

Let the games begin!
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: Wagon of the Month--How it started!   Wagon of the Month--How it started! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Works for me! And, I would have to say yes, Pats ratmaster is eligible, after all, it was a wagon...
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: Wagon of the Month--How it started!   Wagon of the Month--How it started! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:10 pm

OK, it's up.... Playball bounce
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Wagon of the Month--How it started!   Wagon of the Month--How it started! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:35 pm

93wgn

Thanks for getting the posting up, I think it would be a better place for it, if you moved it under the wagon section, not on the main page. My suggestion would be to put it where you have "Announcements and Sticky" That way it is on our page--where it should be.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagon of the Month--How it started!   Wagon of the Month--How it started! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon of the Month--How it started!
Page 1 of 1