GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EBC disc brake kit

Go down 
+4
BigBlackBeaSSt
lakeffect
Cadet57
SaltyDog1969
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SaltyDog1969

SaltyDog1969

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:33 pm

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Interesting...

Says you can also run a 15" wheel too.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:41 pm

$594.95 on the Summit website

If anyone finds a better price Please post up the info for it!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SSB-A125-4/
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:14 pm

http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/77A5498A3716460.aspx $486 Web site lists !0% off of this plus free shipping.

Also list Pep Boys as a distributor.
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:51 pm

I think you guys will be disappointed, that appears to be for a sedan axle.

Look at the axle flange image.
http://www.ssbrakes.com/commerce/images_info/21.jpg

I measured the wagon housing in my garage and it seems to be larger.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:22 am

Thank you sir for the heads up!!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:29 am

There is a link to an axle flange diagram.

If someone has a spare axle pulled they could measure and post up.

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:41 am

lakeffect wrote:
There is a link to an axle flange diagram.

If someone has a spare axle pulled they could measure and post up.

rh96ss wrote:
I think you guys will be disappointed, that appears to be for a sedan axle.

Look at the axle flange image.

I measured the wagon housing in my garage and it seems to be larger.

dave , you need to put as much energy into reading relevant posts regarding car info as you do reading the forum rules and threatening to enforce them,. Wink

Nick
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 10:02 am

I called them this morning. This will NOT work on the wagon.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Yes Nick, I did miss that part. My thanks for pointing it out to me.

Maybe on the other stuff, I'll take advice from another of your threads, where you mentioned switching back and forth between suicidal and homicidal, with your wife and kids cowering in the basement, neighbors leaving town, wife hides the pistol and ammo, kids hide the axe, and the hatchet,( too late for the ol' hood on that one ehh? Although a fire ax stuck into in a flamed hood did appeal to the artistic side of me...very tastefully done!)

... and as you suggested... simply mull it all over with a hot cup of tea and cookie first.

My favorite is homemade chocolate chip, fresh and hot from the oven, just oozing chocolate! How about yours? I like those windmill shaped cookies with the almonds slivers too! They are just so YUMMY and crunchy till you put them in the tea. Then they are just yummy and mushy!

Would you suggest I load the pistol before or after the tea, as sometimes, because of the high blood pressure meds, I have to urinate frequently, and the bullets don't as fire well after they get wet. Maybe just hold the pistol closer, but without the bifocals ... makes it tough to see the hole.

Same complaint with the wife.

XXXX

Dave

PS. thanks for the good laugh.... hope you enjoy this one as much.

Last edited by lakeffect on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SaltyDog1969

SaltyDog1969

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:31 am

Why would the flange be different on a sedan and a wagon? I understand that the axle is wider, but why the flange? The brakes are the same right, as well as the backing plate. This is confusing.
Back to top Go down
Ancient_1

Ancient_1

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:38 am

Bigger bearings and maybe axle also I just don't remember if it is a bigger axle or just the bearing.

What I was wondering is if anyone knew of a well equipped machine shop the could turn out those brackets with the larger flange size. I would guess it would be fairly reasonable in price if we got plenty of people together on a group purchase. If it were 15 years ago I had a high school buddy that had a tool and die shop that could of but now I don't know of any shops that could do it.
Back to top Go down
SaltyDog1969

SaltyDog1969

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:00 pm

I have a buddy with a full machine shop. If we have a small or large run of parts he can handle it. He makes moulds for Peterbuilt and other large companies.
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:43 am

this is what i was thinking of doing, but seeing that kit and with this info may work, but im still lookin for a disc rear so i can so i can remove the brake assy from that cause i want to use drill slot rotor (yeah i know the pros and cons but it i like the looks) hate to spend all that $$ for the kit ,only to go out and spend more on drill slots rotors.btw iirc somewhere in the link he mentions he needed to space the rotors out a 1/4 inch i think because of the axle,if thats the case may need to do the same with the kit?

http://www.goldsswagon.com/WagonDiscs/WagonDiscs.htm
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:19 am

SaltyDog1969 wrote:
I have a buddy with a full machine shop. If we have a small or large run of parts he can handle it. He makes moulds for Peterbuilt and other large companies.

Let us know if you think you may be able to do a group purchase on this. Price dependent I would be interested.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:07 pm

if you are dead set on wagon rear discs get a hold of bill harper navylifer he has sets,. basically bolt on i think,.

IF you are not hung up about a parking brake,. you have more options,.more options for the front too if you,re not hung up on sliding calipers,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EBC disc brake kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBC disc brake kit   EBC disc brake kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EBC disc brake kit
Page 1 of 1