GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Broken Passenger Seat Frame

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark 96 Roady

Broken Passenger Seat Frame Empty
PostSubject: Broken Passenger Seat Frame   Broken Passenger Seat Frame Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:14 pm

Well I am honored to be the first to post here!! Some of you know that I have a very nice 93 Fleetwood with chrome factory wheels, and it is painted in that unusual purplish/gray color with a matching top and interior. For some reason, the passenger seat frame broke last year, and over time, has gotten worse. Yesterday I took it all apart (what a pain in the ass) to find the two vertical supports that connect the seat base (the part your butt sits on) to the tracks broken. The factory welds had all failed. It looks like the factory welds were not properly done. I guess I could understand if this had happened to the driver seat, but the passenger? The upholstery looks unused, and the seat pad is perfect. Anyway, I took the seat to a local body shop today to have it all welded back together. He has quoted me a price of $75, which I think is fair. He said it would be done tomorrow, and with any luck, I will get it all put back together and installed tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Broken Passenger Seat Frame   Broken Passenger Seat Frame Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:50 pm

Get and share plenty of photos to share in case any of us run into this in the future. Glad you got it fixed.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Broken Passenger Seat Frame   Broken Passenger Seat Frame Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 6:36 am

Definitely some pics! I've always been a fan of that purplish color. Interesting failure point too, glad the repair won't be too bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Passenger Seat Frame   Broken Passenger Seat Frame Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken Passenger Seat Frame
Page 1 of 1