GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Caprice Wagon exhaust

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shnalla

Shnalla

Caprice Wagon exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Caprice Wagon exhaust   Caprice Wagon exhaust Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 5:37 am

Hi,

My exhaust system is tired, rusted and at some time was custom repaired.
It's too noisy. I mean it's not loud but it's just annoying and buzzy.

First question : will a 91/96 B-body fit on a 77/90 chassis?

Second question : is the stock diameter 2,25" (single exhaust) the best ? Is there improvement with 2,5" (stock Canadian 305 / 160hp)?

Thank you !
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Caprice Wagon exhaust   Caprice Wagon exhaust Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 10:22 am

Answer to second question.If no other mods,no. True duals would add some power,but not that much that you would "feel"it.
Back to top Go down
Shnalla

Shnalla

PostSubject: Re: Caprice Wagon exhaust   Caprice Wagon exhaust Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 11:27 am

Andebe wrote:
Answer to second question.If no other mods,no. True duals would add some power,but not that much that you would "feel"it.

Thanks, in fact I was wondering if keeping a single exhaust and going a bit bigger would help.
Most of the time it kills bottom end torque but offers few hp upper on the power band. Obviously that would not help with our heavy wagons!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Caprice Wagon exhaust   Caprice Wagon exhaust Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Shnalla wrote:

Most of the time it kills bottom end torque but offers few hp upper on the power band. Obviously that would not help with our heavy wagons!

you won't notice a thing,.
Back to top Go down
paart

PostSubject: Re: Caprice Wagon exhaust   Caprice Wagon exhaust Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 8:37 pm

With enough time and money, anything will fit anything.
The chassis are essentially the same, however car manufacturers seem to make changes "just to make changes" It certainly can be done, but I 'd guess that you will run into some hidden issues that will require innovation and fabrication. I doubt that it will be a simple "bolt together" job.
When I replaced the bench front seat on my '85 Caprice Wagon with a 60/40 seat, I found that the floor mounts were "not there" for the 60/40 seat. I had to fabricate and drill my own.

The exhaust pipe size isn't too bad. My "85 Buick with a 307 came with 1-7/8 pipe! Not that a 307 really needs a larger exhaust...........
Back to top Go down
Shnalla

Shnalla

PostSubject: Re: Caprice Wagon exhaust   Caprice Wagon exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 10:40 am

paart wrote:

With enough time and money, anything will fit anything.
The chassis are essentially the same, however car manufacturers seem to make changes "just to make changes" It certainly can be done, but I 'd guess that you will run into some hidden issues that will require innovation and fabrication. I doubt that it will be a simple "bolt together" job.
When I replaced the bench front seat on my '85 Caprice Wagon with a 60/40 seat, I found that the floor mounts were "not there" for the 60/40 seat. I had to fabricate and drill my own.

The exhaust pipe size isn't too bad. My "85 Buick with a 307 came with 1-7/8 pipe! Not that a 307 really needs a larger exhaust...........

That's the point! I do not want to buy a complete exhaust system that won't fit my car once it's shipped to here to France...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caprice Wagon exhaust   Caprice Wagon exhaust Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caprice Wagon exhaust
Page 1 of 1