GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it

Go down 
+23
Dr. Downward
GSBULLDOG
Andebe
s1l1sc
Cadet57
Olds Weighty Eight
convert2diesel
95BRMW
sherlock9c1
scoffman
jayoldschool
phantom 309
Krzdimond
Wagoninabox
Sprocket
Gastt
DBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
81X11
silverfox103
BigBlackBeaSSt
buickestate
brokecello
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
convert2diesel

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:32 pm

Olds Weighty Eight wrote:
If you re-calibrate the needle to read 'full' properly as opposed to over-full, then, in turn, it should read correctly when empty. You are just shifting the sweep of the gauge over its full range.

You can reverse the procedure if you like. Just run it out of gas again and while you're on the side of the road waiting for help, get your screwdriver out and adjust your gauge to read 'empty'. Razz

All that fix consists of is a variable resistor. If you calibrate for full by decreasing the resistance (full is 88 ohms) than you end up with a false empty. Even when the float is well above the bottom of the tank , your gauge will sense 0 ohms in the line and the gauge will read empty before it really is. Back to the old GM days when you could drive for 100 miles on empty, or maybe not.

I repeat. More interested in accuracy at empty than what it says when its full. You know its full...you just filled it up.

Bill
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:14 am

To most folks,. a false empty might be more useful,..especially if there is 2-3 gallons left,.

Ford seems to get that right,. mommy's fancy ford warns you at 50 miles to empty,. then 25 and the light comes on,.I have driven that car gently a couple of times and fooled the computer and have stretched the 25 to empty to nearly 40,.

The great thing about it is, it bothers the missus, so she puts fuel in it long before it needs it,.

where as her 96 wanna be black caprice we had,. well,. i finally put a jug of fuel in the trunk for her

then she ran out again one time and the jug was empty, and it was snowing and blowing,.
and guess who had to rescue her,.

Her fancy minivan has the same setup as the fancy ford,. computers that remind hre and light that comes on,.

so far,.. so good,...

Nick
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 2:36 pm

I agree. Right now when I fill up, the gauge reads 1 and 1/4 full. When it reads about 1/4 tank, there's 2-3 gallons left. If I add the pot and dial it down 1/4 tank, it should be just about right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:37 pm

On the tiny mirror TBI cars, you know it's time when you hit a turn with a lil gusto and it fuel starves. You have a couple gals left at that point.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:41 pm

Well, I had some time to work on the exterior of the Fleetwood today (in between rain showers)

Good news = The paint came out just as I thought it would! Really nice paint on this car. And I was able to get the rear passenger fender skirt to line up with the quarter panel nicely. Some wood and scissor jack work....I am happy with the dent repair for now. She sure shines!!

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Photo_zps07947f3a
So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Photo_zps98519aa5
So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Photo_zps39cf0dd6
So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Photo_zps26cf4887

_

Bad news = The vinyl top is crap. The dirt hid a lot of cracks. Oh well. I guess I need to be on the hunt for a baretop rear window so I can do the vinyl top delete mod. OR save up for a new top (but I've heard those are pretty expensive...like 2K) Once I saw the cracks, I half heartily cleaned the rest of the top.

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Photo_zpsd1ea7f9d
So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Photo_zpsf9b4fe69
So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Photo_zpsfd839d5f

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:49 pm

Time for a do it yourself vinyl top,..

nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Caddy is looking pretty sharp and I really like your carport lighting and retainer straps.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 7:09 am

Chris

A couple of years ago I bought a 1974 Chriysler New Yorker. The top made yours look like new. I bought some SEM vinyl top paint. You brush it on with a foam brush. It worked great. People would ask if it was a new vinyl top. Real easy to do.

Tom
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 7:52 am

Interesting Tom, wonder if that would "seal" up those cracks, at least temporarily.

Nice work on that quarter Chris, can't tell there was a dent there from the pic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 9:06 am

silverfox103 wrote:
Chris

A couple of years ago I bought a 1974 Chriysler New Yorker. The top made yours look like new. I bought some SEM vinyl top paint. You brush it on with a foam brush. It worked great. People would ask if it was a new vinyl top. Real easy to do.

Tom

Off topic... But you have a New Yorker? Awesome! Those are one of my favorite land barges. Razz
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 9:39 am

Cadet57 wrote:
silverfox103 wrote:
Chris

Tom

Off topic... But you have a New Yorker? Awesome! Those are one of my favorite land barges. Razz

Had a New Yorker. Bought it maybe 2 or 3 years ago, from 80 year old original owner. It only had 43K, beautiful shape, 440 CI. Never driven in the winter and it showed. But he never checked the antifreeze. Found a small crack in the block. It may have been fixable, but I didn't want to deal with it. Sold it for what I paid for it. Sorry to see it go, but bought the Caprice Wagon to replace it.

Tom

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 DSCN0390_150
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 8:48 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
To most folks,. a false empty might be more useful,..especially if there is 2-3 gallons left,.
Nick
This thread is all over the place! Anyhow, I just wanted to toss out there that I did the $3.00 Radio Shack adjustment today so I'll report how it goes as I run this tank down. It's nice not having the needle pointing off into space after a fill up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:32 pm

Tom, you are the second person to tell me about the paint....so I think I'll give it a try! Can't hurt....

I had a little time tonight to reflash the PCM with a tune I had. Removed the speed limiter, lower cooling fan setting, EGR off and firmer shifts.

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Photo_zpse650852e

_

Here is a gentle start...this old girl has a bit more pep Smile

https://s418.photobucket.com/user/chrisandcarapowell/media/Fleetwood/IMG_3993_zps51f5f124.mp4.html

Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:31 pm

looks really nice.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Changed the oil (up to 130k now!), put new front pads on and repacked the bearings for good measure and installed new grease seals. Rotors were in great shape.

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Photo_zps5344ea91
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:53 am

Keep the updates coming. Between you and Crovo I'm now looking at Fleetwoods and not just at Roadmasters on Craigslist. Ha!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Oh! I will....my next (and most important) mod will happen very soon. DASHMAT!!

Have you ever driven one of these last Gen Fleetwood's Mike? I think you might fall in love if you do. Might be able to talk Tom out of his....

Chris
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:22 pm

DASHMAT!!!! Still has to settle a little more...but the car automatically feels 110% better now. Hahaa

I still have to detail the inside so pardon the dirty driver's seat. Hoping to do that this weekend if I have time.

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Photo_zps20736e40

Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 10:19 pm

Squeezed in some time for new front shocks and a 'Vette Starter.   Obviously the front shocks were toast (lol).   The starter was acting up and I have a trip next week.  

Still have to install the new rear 9C1 coil springs (hopefully next weekend) 

Chris

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Photo_zpsbc6e3725
So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Photo_zpsfde06b10
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 10:35 pm

Also a couple of pics when we were out and about....

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 01a98ee8-985d-4762-ba20-805799fc0ba0_zpsa985189a
So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Photo_zps19dba85f
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:54 pm

That's a really pretty car!   Glad it found a good home!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Thanks Mike!  The vinyl top is the sore spot really...those cracks.  I need to try and seal them and paint it like Tom suggested.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Just don't let Crovo have it.   That car does not need tiny wheels and flat black trim...it looks fine as-is!    Razz

-Mike
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Tiny wheels??? Suspect
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:33 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Tiny wheels??? Suspect
Is that gonna be yoh new forum name???  

I thought you liked BIG wheels,..

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb7Tisv7elUPBlYFI_yYtwQNVkDu3HPAxfxox-_P6IEoDrd2OW
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:06 pm

Oh no....

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Popcorn

- (I will keep my white walls though Mike!)
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:57 pm

I want one of those big wheels, Nick! Very Happy

And Mike, I'm really curious as to what you meant? I've never gone smaller than a 15" wheel on any B or D I've owned...? 

Chris, the AWD caddy looks great, btw! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:01 pm

It true then....size does matter. Wait,we are still talking about tires,right?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Taking the Caddy on it's first real trip tomorrow. Gotta play a whirlwind gig up in Greensboro, NC Thurs. We will see how the old Caddy does on the trip! 

Chris
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 7:47 am

Should be smooth as glass. I don't imagine you'll feel a single imperfection in the road with all that suspension travel. Wink
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:00 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Tiny wheels??? Suspect

Your steel wheel fetish with the tiny dish caps look smaller than the Caddy factory mag wheels...at least to me. I know they're 15's, they just look small on such huge cars.

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 MaybeMoons3
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:26 pm

So I watched a video on YouTube that talked about a fuel door "lock" that you flipped on in the trunk? Did they really have this feature? My first Fleetwood didnt have it..and this one does not (or am I missing something?)
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Yeah, I didn't like those baby moons without the trim rings, either. Wink

And Chris, lock your doors and try to drop the plate. Betcha you can't. That is, as long as the plate frame has the lock pintle thing on it.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:29 am

Well, did a little work on the Fleetwood! I had a list of things to do before our vacation trip. We were supposed to be driving it to TX but the wife's seminar speaker had to reschedule. Staycation.

Who needs a carport, right? Trying to keep the sun off as much as I can. Should get a real carport next year.

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Image_zpsaf342ec5

-

Installed a set of Gary's Battery Cables (InnovativeWiring.com) Here is the ground wire comparison! I always put a set of these on any wagon I buy.

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Photo_zps57a0ee9a

-

I had a SS rear swaybar in the shed...so I replaced the stock one. I bought a front SS bar (just need to get it here from FL) Also bought new mounting bolts. YIKES! All 4 looked like that. Surprised they didn't break when I took them out.

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Image_zps8bdfe5a8
So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Image_zpsfafbdbe9

-

Installed a new set of rear 9C1 springs. These fix the sagging butt syndrome Fleetwoods get. Those stock springs were very soft. Sits as it should now (for someone who likes stock height!)

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Image_zps053ea393

Took Cara to IKEA and I almost brought the wagon....didn't need it though. Lol.

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Image_zps3c90c28f
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 2:01 pm

You guys have got me looking for a fleetwood now.I just missed a one owner 96 with 68000 miles in that wonderful DCM color with no vinyl roof.Sold for 7 grand and worth every penny to somebody else.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Sweet, dude! Smile

(You put the wrong springs in it, though! Wink)
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 5:41 pm

I thought everyone hated stock ride height . But it looks sweet .
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:15 am

In all honesty...I love to drop my cars like Crovo, but the roads here (my 600ft gravel driveway) and my sanity would not be able to handle it! Haha
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:35 pm

Nothing new...but a couple of pics from our little getaway to Savannah (5th Wedding Anniversary)

Shot in Bonaventure Cemetery

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Photo_zpse1e53b48

And a shot with Cara outside Old Fort Jackson

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Image_zps4cac5f6d
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:53 pm

I see how it is.... you come within 20 miles, and don't call........

Very Happy 

Hope you enjoyed your stay here!!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Lol..I had to promise "no car stuff" since this was strictly a romantic getaway. Haha. Believe me, I thought about it....I wanna ride in the G8.

We will be back!! We loved it!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:22 am

hi wife wouldn't let him give us a ride in the G8,..
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:15 pm

That is not a completely true statement. Very Happy 

If I remember right.. time was an issue and your headlights won the priority tossup. Cool 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:14 am

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 IMG_4167_zps6f6784a9

Thought I'd toss up a couple of pics that I took lately...I forgot to put my new passenger manifold repair on here!  I need my records!  Smile   I replaced all the bolts on the passenger side manifold as well (and the two rear ones on the drivers side).  

Also did the EGR and AIR pump delete/tube delete, new belt and trans fluid change / filter.  

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 IMG_4169_zps1e0c06d4
So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 IMG_4170_zpsbf303058
So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 IMG_4172_zps29344131

A couple of LT1 powered cars....*cough*

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 IMG_4563_zps6385235d

Still love filling up the tank through the plate door....

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 IMG_4373_zps8a5425e6
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:10 pm

Love the Caddy!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Downward

Dr. Downward

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:45 pm

Wagoninabox wrote:
I have only come accross 1 93-96 fleetwood in a yard (a 95) and was uber impressed by the beast.  The leg and headroom was awesome but it was just so massive (which I kind of like).  I was shocked to learn that the 93-96 Fleetwoods are the largest sedan ever offered at a whopping 225" long car; thats longer than our wagons!

Enjoy.  I think if I were to get a sedan, I'd go for the fleetwood of a Roady for sure.

FALSE! Pretty much Every caddy sedan pre-80's is longer that 225". My '55 Deville is 227"!!!!
there's a few in the 60's that are a bit shorter, but majority are 226"+. I bet a lot of GM cars in the 70's are longer too.

nice LDM Caddy btw. First 93-96 I bought was LDM.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:04 am

Damn Wikipidea.....
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:59 am

my old 1975 deville was 230.7" long with a wheel base of 130" vs the wheel base of only 121.5 and over all length of 225 of the 93-96 fleetwood.

the widest cadillacs were the 59-60's at 80.2" wide my 75 was just 80" wide, the 93-96 that were 78 wide, a bit wider than the 77-92 fleetwoods at 75.3"
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 11:57 am

Light Driftwood metallic, My grandparents' 93 Fleetwood was the same color, slicktop though, they replaced it with a 95 Fleetwood Brougham in triple black, followed by a 96 Jadestone? with a black mock top.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Hmm I like this car  What a Face 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it   So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I spotted a Fleetwood....and now Sprocket has it
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next