GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust

Go down 
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: 79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust   79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Pulling into my parents steep driveway I hit the tailpipe and broke the pipe where it went into the resonator. Didn't want to replace the single exhaust, so did a mild upgrade.

Sorry the pics are small....took them with my cell phone, but you'll get the idea. 2-1/4 inch pipes, cat-back, with chrome angle-cut tips. Kept quiet mufflers on it but removed the resonator. Has a nice burble at idle and you can hear it just a tad more when taking off inside the car but for the most part it's still nice and quiet. Looks good too! Taylor does really good work.

- Mike

79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust 10

79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust 12-1

79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust 11

79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust 13

79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust 9

79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust 5

79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust 7

79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust 6

79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust 2

79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust 3

79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust 8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust   79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:37 pm

Mike does that car even belong to you?I see it still has Jersey plates on it.Your muffler shop must be busy as its has 2 outdoor lifts.Thats utilizing your space wisely.Man I would love to have a
lift in my yard but I guess I would need to cement it first.How much did the exhaust work cost
you?Any work on your exhaust around here is high as hell.
JG
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: 79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust   79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:51 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Mike does that car even belong to you?I see it still has Jersey plates on it.Your muffler shop must be busy as its has 2 outdoor lifts.Thats utilizing your space wisely.Man I would love to have a
lift in my yard but I guess I would need to cement it first.How much did the exhaust work cost
you?Any work on your exhaust around here is high as hell.
JG

Ha, well it "feels" like my car, but it's still registered as a classic to Ben in New Jersey. I picked it up in LA in 2003, drove it back to Texas, had it painted and did minor repairs, then drove to Jersey where it lived for a whopping year and a half and had 200 miles put on it, and when Ben lost his garage I flew back up and drove it back to Texas. In other words it's been in my hands a TON more than the person who's name is on the title...ha! Ben's tried to sell it to me, but I don't "need" it....but I do like it, and I enjoy driving it.

Taylor Muffler is a tiny Mom and Pop exhaust place about 20-miles from me in Taylor Texas. REALLY nice folks, the lady that works behind the counter also comes outside and welds mufflers...you know it's a family business when "Ma" can weld. It's in a falling-down 1950's gas station. In one bay they have a 1972 Mustang Mach 1 that's been half torn apart and sitting there for the last 10 years. The other bay is full of tools and exhaust stuff. They have three outside lifts where all the actual work gets done...they could not pull a car inside if they wanted too....it's Texas, not much rain here!

They do awesome work. They custom bend the pipes right there and everything is welded, not clamped. They're the ones that put the Flowmaster 40's on my Roadmaster, they dual'd out the '86 Caprice, put the tips on my Firebird ragtop and on and on...been using them for years. That work today was $300 out the door....tax included. Very fair!

My Cutlass is next in line as soon as the 350 is in it!

-Mike

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust   79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

79 Electra Limited Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
Page 1 of 1