GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cadillac kevin

pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body? Empty
PostSubject: pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body?   pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:16 am

I was wondering if any of the wagon guys have put one of these on their wagon?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PYE-SGI10S/
I'm thinking about getting one for my cadillac since my exhaust is crappy and rusting and was wondering if anybody can share their experience with it both installation wise and how they like it (sound, longevity, performance, etc).
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body?   pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:56 am

If you have stock cats, the X-pipe and mufflers will fit but the OTA pipes won't without significant modification. I've only used the X-pipe (on 3 cars). I've had issues getting the x-pipe to fit with tri-y headers and extension pipes as they don't end where the stock cats end. Keep in mind the pipe is intentionally made too long so you can trim to fit your muffers.

the PIPE is 409 SS (like the stock exhaust) so it'll develop surface rust, but not rust through for a long time. The X will mellow out your exhaust tone. I prefer it to the dynomax intermediate pipes.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body?   pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:46 am

I've got the Street Pro Pypes exhaust on my wagon. The fitment was frustrating at times, the driver side pipe is close to the trans. cross member, and the passenger side pipe needs to be shortened up a bit. Depending on how picky you are you will need to test fit it a few times, and trim the one side a few times to get it to fit good. As Jason said the ota pipes don't fit the wagon so that will have to be part of your decision as well. I did use the ota pipes the kit came with and cut them behind the axle and mated them back up to the stock tails. I like how it turned out, and it sounds pretty good imo. If I were to do it again though I'd use a muffler with stock type muffler hangers.

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body?   pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:49 am

Guys, not for a wagon. :p

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body?   pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:19 pm

200OZ wrote:
If I were to do it again though I'd use a muffler with stock type muffler hangers.

Mike

Just drop by your local muff shop and have them mig the brackets on your muffs,.

nick
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body?   pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:07 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Just drop by your local muff shop and have them mig the brackets on your muffs,.

nick

I have all the hangers from a stock system I pulled off at a JY, I just need to get the car in the shop and weld them up myself.... laziness I suppose.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body?   pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pypes cat back dual exhaust for impala on B/C body?
Page 1 of 1